GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

SF Bay Area Dealers / GL Pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X5
SF Bay Area Dealers / GL Pricing

Hello everyone - first post here - new to Mercedes, coming over from the other big German brand and really appreciate all the information and advice here!

I think some of you are local to me in the general SF Bay Area or NorCal region. Could you please share with me suggested Mercedes sales contacts in the region? (PM would be great!)

Also, a question on GL pricing - with the GLS refresh coming soon (and orders being taken now), and the general availability of the GL on dealer lots, you would think they would be incentivized to cut aggressive deals to move them, no? I'm looking specifically for a GL450, and I've seen people in this forum post about getting 10% discounts off MSRP even long before the refresh was known - how do I make that happen?
Old 01-07-2016, 11:18 PM
GL-

2016 GL450
I could see significant discounting once the GLS is available. From what I understand, the GL lines will be shutdown for a period as they prep for the GLS. There won't be any GL product produced during that downtime. There's no urgency to sell the GLs right now, but maybe in April or May?
Old 01-16-2016, 03:29 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
'16 GL550, '12 C350
I got a fairly good discount on my GL550 but it took a lot of hard work and negotiating to meet the terms. We purchased our GL from Mercedes-Benz here in San Francisco. They were great and we have done business with them. You have to be willing to walk... Marin MB was also very open to negotiating so that's a good dealership as well. It's just not as convenient for us since we live in the city itself and I don't feel like trucking to Marin for service. I also heard Fremont is good as well. As for San Jose dealerships... there is so much tech success (sale's associate attitude) in that area I would pass completely. You have a lot of people who are rich "on paper" who will pay MSRP - young and naive. So deals won't be found there easily. Regardless of how much money you have or what you're willing to really spend, always negotiate. You don't build long-term wealth otherwise.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GL550
Kate Decosta at Fremont MB was all around great. Tell her I said hi!

KDecosta@fjfremont.com
Old 01-17-2016, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
I ordered/bought our GL350 from Fletcher Jones in Fremont and Glenn Hartzheim was our sales consultant. Actually bought our last 2 GL's from Glenn and followed him to 2 dealerships.

He was honest and not high stress - his family has been in the car business for over 40 years in the Bay Area.

ghartzheim@fjfremont.com or 408-898-6069
Old 01-26-2016, 01:22 AM

X5
To update the thread - I bought a new 2016 GL, a little over 8% off list. I couldn't make the deep, deep discounts happen, but happy with where I ended up.