GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Greetings!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2018 | 07:24 PM

Porsche 911 now
Smile Greetings!

Hi all!

New member of the forums here with a new-to-me 2014 GL450... I've enjoyed owner forums for the last couple of different vehicles I've owned, and I'm excited to now be a Mercedes Benz owner for the first time!

I've just started reading through some of the threads to see what tips, tricks, secrets, etc. are to be found with this beautiful vehicle.

Curious if anyone has tried addressing the amber headlights in the 2014? I'd prefer brighter headlights & tried changing bulbs but saw little difference.

Heading off to the tech forums now to start digging

Best regards!
Old 01-30-2018 | 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
Originally Posted by Beachproducer
Hi all!

New member of the forums here with a new-to-me 2014 GL450... I've enjoyed owner forums for the last couple of different vehicles I've owned, and I'm excited to now be a Mercedes Benz owner for the first time!

I've just started reading through some of the threads to see what tips, tricks, secrets, etc. are to be found with this beautiful vehicle.

Curious if anyone has tried addressing the amber headlights in the 2014? I'd prefer brighter headlights & tried changing bulbs but saw little difference.

Heading off to the tech forums now to start digging

Best regards!
Does your truck not have HID headlights? If not, then you may want to consider some LED aftermarket lights for it in 5k lumens for pure white.
Old 01-30-2018 | 09:05 PM

Porsche 911 now
Originally Posted by DaveW68
Does your truck not have HID headlights? If not, then you may want to consider some LED aftermarket lights for it in 5k lumens for pure white.

'tis true - mine doesn't have HIDs - curious if you could advise if swapping will cause it to throw an error code..?
That was the case with my last car

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2018 | 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
Originally Posted by Beachproducer
'tis true - mine doesn't have HIDs - curious if you could advise if swapping will cause it to throw an error code..?
That was the case with my last car

Thanks!
There are LED kits you can buy that have an attachment that will prevent the error.
Old 01-31-2018 | 08:16 PM

Porsche 911 now
Question

Originally Posted by DaveW68
There are LED kits you can buy that have an attachment that will prevent the error.

That's what I was hoping for... Found this Morimoto setup at ECS - they say their harness is for "anti-flicker" - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-morimoto...pace-led350kt/

I'm keeping up hope that means they won't throw codes lol