GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

gl350 p24c6 code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 01:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
gl350 p24c6 code

Hello all,

So I just got my car (15 gl350) back from the dealer a couple of days ago. Havent really driven it too much but decided to take it out today and the CEL comes on and came up with P24C6 code. The car was in for a fuel filter replacement @52k miles a little over due. I am not sure if this code would be related to the fuel filter replacement somehow or maybe because I have been letting it sit for a few days and only ran it for small errands short distances? Theres not much info on what this code means to MB diesel but from what I have been googling, it seems like I just need to drive it more? Not sure if anyone has any insight if the fuel filter and this code could be related or not? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:25 PM

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
GL350 Bluetec and GLS580
Seems like it's tied to an issue with your AdBlue tank via a simple google search.

Originally Posted by NewCents05
Hello all,

So I just got my car (15 gl350) back from the dealer a couple of days ago. Havent really driven it too much but decided to take it out today and the CEL comes on and came up with P24C6 code. The car was in for a fuel filter replacement @52k miles a little over due. I am not sure if this code would be related to the fuel filter replacement somehow or maybe because I have been letting it sit for a few days and only ran it for small errands short distances? Theres not much info on what this code means to MB diesel but from what I have been googling, it seems like I just need to drive it more? Not sure if anyone has any insight if the fuel filter and this code could be related or not? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DC-BENZ
Seems like it's tied to an issue with your AdBlue tank via a simple google search.
Yeah it's a code for the temperature sensor on the dpf which is used to measure soot or burn off soot or something. Not entirely sure of the specifics but the dealer is replacing it under the extended emissions warranty so I'll figure out what the issue is from them when I bring the car in.