GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

mercedes me. useful?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2018 | 02:54 PM

2014 gl550
mercedes me. useful?

i've been waiting on my car to be verified on mercedes me app forever. just discovered that i had to actually call using that call button from the car and actually talk to a customer rep.... but the call seems to fail everytime. what kind of neat features can i get from mercedes me when it's set up? i'm just hoping i can turn on AC from remote location, locate the vehicle, lock/unlock car, etc
Old 10-22-2018 | 08:55 PM

2009 E550, 2011 GL550, 2013 GL550
I tried the Mercedes Me via a free trial and it was not that great. 2013 GL550. Only could unlock/lock via the phone, but even doing so, it took 5+ minutes for the signal to get through. There was no remote start option for my car and no remote A/C. Additional feature(s) was some "operator" could call you during an accident and make sure you're ok and "Vehicle finder" which took 7+ minutes for me. Even the iPhone's "find my friends" option is faster....
Old 10-23-2018 | 11:20 AM

GL550
You can locate the vehicle, lock/unlock which are extremely slow to operate and there's a concierge service (I tried to use it but, meh, it also takes a while to get connected). I do find the send2benz helpful. On rare occasions the wife calls me for a store location, I can send the directions to the car. Another neat thing is the schedule for a service appointments, I can go on the app to pick the date and time that works for me without calling and dealing with the dealer.

Honestly, the one thing I wish it had is the engine remote start, that feature is a must for very hot or very cold temps. I was disappointed to not have this feature.Overall I think it’s a waste of money, its very slow to use and it’s pointless without the engine start\stop or any of the fluid level monitoring (Fuel, Oil etc.).I was shocked to learn the remote start feature was available on some GM cars since the 2004 but, a +2013, $100k MB flagship SUV does not have it.
Old 10-23-2018 | 02:34 PM

2014 gl550
is it not a freeium?? wow.. kind of surprising. i had bmw i3 and i was able to quite bit with remote app. i at least wanted remote A/C and remote lock/unlock. sigh.