GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

2015 Keyless-Go unlock issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 GL 550
2015 Keyless-Go unlock issue

Hi Guys,

So I’ve had my 550 for a couple of weeks now. I purchased it from my Father-in-law, who was the Original owner. Anyway, as I’ve been reading there appears to be some known issues with the GL and the keyless go. I’m wondering if anyone has experienced what I have going on.

So, when I lock the 550 with the buttons on the physical remote and return, I can’t always unlock it using the handles. Any of the 4 handles. Sometimes it randomly works but most of the time it doesn’t. Now, if I lock it using the handle and return to unlock it using the handle, I’m good to go. No issue. Is what I’m experiencing normal? Do you have to unlock it using the same method you used to lock it? That would seem weird. I’ve replaced the battery in both remotes already, that unfortunately didn’t fix it. Since all the handles won’t open it at the same time, I feel like it’s not a handle issue. If it was a bad driver handle, the other doors would still unlock right? I’m hoping to get some thoughts before I take it in. Thanks in advance everyone.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:31 PM

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
S 550
If you push the key fob button to lock 2 times in a row it deactivates the keyless entry so the handle method won’t work. You will have to use the key fob to unlock it. It automatically rests once you open it to normal operation. Could that possibly be causing you issues?

The handles will also go bad and not work or only work intermitantly. But that is easy to figure out when other handles work yet a single one doesn’t.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:13 PM

2015 GL 550
Thanks Jim Ma, I think that solved my issue. I’ve never seen a fob work like that before. I’ve had keyless go type features before on previous vehicles but these were all American cars. On my last vehicle a double click of the lock sounded the lock horn but the handle still worked like normal. Anyway, I owe you a big thanks because you just save me a good deal of time and money.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 135 Posts
2010 Mercedes GL450; 2000 Mercedes ML55 AMG; 2016 VW GLI SEL Stick!!!
Any chance you're still under warranty?

If you are I would try to extend the elw
Old 12-14-2018, 12:10 PM

2000 ML320
Yes I always double lock the fob when I'm washing the car, otherwise I end up locking and unlocking the car as I go Over the handles with a rag or polish cloth because For some reason always seem to have the key in my pocket when I wash the car lol.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 476 Likes on 364 Posts
2015 S550
Originally Posted by chriswit1
Yes I always double lock the fob when I'm washing the car, otherwise I end up locking and unlocking the car as I go Over the handles with a rag or polish cloth because For some reason always seem to have the key in my pocket when I wash the car lol.
I assume you don't have auto-fold mirrors or you turn that feature off when you're washing your truck? I always put my key in the house when I'm washing the truck.