GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Seat massage and lumbar support not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gl550
Seat massage and lumbar support not working

Hi all,
I recently a 2015 GL in which the seats massage and bolsters were not functioning thinking this must be an easy fix. My bad! It proved to be difficult and costly.
The massage, side bolsters, under leg support and lumbar support functions were not working in both seats. Values would revert back to 0 when a level is selected.
The technician found leaks in the lines and repaired that. Now all functions are working in the passenger seat. The driver seat's massage function and lumbar support don't work, but side bolsters and the extension under legs works just fine. The value doesn't go back to 0 like it was before the leak was repaired. What could be the issue? And how to fix it. I would try my hand at it if it's easy enough.
Old 10-08-2020, 05:29 PM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,058 Likes on 979 Posts
1999 E300TD
Dealer time for a short test report or sell the car because the FUYAA will not work!!
Old 02-03-2024, 01:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 GL550
Originally Posted by Wetclay
Hi all,
I recently a 2015 GL in which the seats massage and bolsters were not functioning thinking this must be an easy fix. My bad! It proved to be difficult and costly.
The massage, side bolsters, under leg support and lumbar support functions were not working in both seats. Values would revert back to 0 when a level is selected.
The technician found leaks in the lines and repaired that. Now all functions are working in the passenger seat. The driver seat's massage function and lumbar support don't work, but side bolsters and the extension under legs works just fine. The value doesn't go back to 0 like it was before the leak was repaired. What could be the issue? And how to fix it. I would try my hand at it if it's easy enough.
@Wetclay curious if you ever addressed this in your car? If so, what was the problem, how did you fix it, and what did it cost?