GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

X166 rear Entertainment DVDGL 500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 09:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GL 500
X166 rear Entertainment DVDGL 500

Dear Friends
Iam facing a wear situation as when I send the front command video to rear screen keeping them both displays the front video, both turn black with Audio only as I can see the Video Track is playing , however both with blank screen.

To have things running again, I need to switch off the vhichle for a while and turn one of rear screen source to rear disk, so once I send the front command video to rear screens, one of them play it with source set to command , with other screen running the rear DVD disk as a source.

Any clue what could be the issue, while if I put both rear screens source as Disk, both run the video smoothly without any issue, they can't run front video together at same time

The other question I had purchased the DVD mechanism only with laser for the rear DVD from Aliexpress while using the same radio, will this require any coding or it must work.

Below I had notice some different in the Green Letters, the one I have currently having ( J8). While the New mechanism does not..what does those green circles refers to

Please refer to below pictures for both existing and new.

Iam replacing the DVD as it looks faulty and skipped some tracks with noise

Existing cover for current mechanism

New Mechanism

New Mechanism Without the ( J8)