GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Need help with backup camera and tail light issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mb
Need help with backup camera and tail light issue

Hi All,

New owner of a 2013 GL450 here. I bought it used with these 2 issues present.

Backup camera- during time of purchase i noticed it didnt open. I tapped it a few times and it worked once..and since then it stays open and doesnt work. I tried using carb cleaner, and then silicon spray... no luck its stuck open and doesnt work.
  • Where is the fuse located for the backup camera? I cant find anything online in regards to exact location of the fuse except one person talking about a 2008 gl450 fuse being under cargo area (fuse #37)?
  • I read that it may require software update to work, how much does it cost, any idea?
  • Any recommendations on the fix?
Rear left brake light- The bulb looks fine, i tried new bulb and it still doesnt work. I read online that some bulbs burn the socket so I inspected the socket and it looks fine but I started looking for a socket anyway but I cant find the exact part number.
  • I ordered this
    Amazon Amazon
    but it didn't fit.
  • Can someone help me get this part for x166?
One final note, i noticed that previous owner did some splicing to install trailer lights. on the right compartment behind the right tail light. Not sure if anyone speaks chinese but the images are here: https://imgur.com/a/wGF0pxn
(No over 18 img) I am not sure if this has anything to do with the 2 issues I am having.

I am surprised at amount of backup camera issues reported but no definitive fix documented. And also surprised at lack of search results for the part. May be I am doing it wrong?

Thanks for all the help in advance!