GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

GL450 key fob issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2024, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 GL450
GL450 key fob issue

my 2007 GL450 showed the message that the batteries needed replaced in the remote. I replaced the batteries, and now the only thing I can do is unlock the doors with the buttons I cannot lock the doors or use the push button start. I took the batteries out and checked them with a meter and they are putting out 3 volts each. I went to YouTube and followed several different procedures. People said would fix the problem to no avail. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-17-2024, 06:19 PM

GL 350 Bluetec
Replace key battery while inside the car

I had the same issue, always "Replace key battery" although I did twice and verified 3,2 V on the cell. Taking the battery out, after one minute back in while inside the car solved the issue. (for now, I hope for good)
Old 09-18-2024, 10:54 AM

2008 GL450
Originally Posted by theposter
I had the same issue, always "Replace key battery" although I did twice and verified 3,2 V on the cell. Taking the battery out, after one minute back in while inside the car solved the issue. (for now, I hope for good)
Thank You!
I tried that & still had the issue, so I disassembled the fob & took a small screw driver & gently bent (outwardly)
the four contacts that go from the battery carrier to the four gold-plated contacts on the circuit board, causing them to have more tension.
I also rubbed a pencil eraser across the gold-plated contacts on the circuit board. When I put it back together, everything worked as it should. It has continued to work properly.
Old 09-18-2024, 11:25 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
E320
The issue where you can unlock but not lock doors or use the push button start might be related to a few things. A possibility is a malfunction in the fob’s internal circuitry, which might not be communicating all the necessary signals to the car. Additionally, there could be an issue with the vehicle’s receiver module that's preventing it from recognizing all the commands from the key fob. If these steps don’t resolve the problem, running a full system scan with Xentry or youcanic could help pinpoint any deeper electronic issues. I use youcanic full system scanner myself but any full system scanner should work. It might save you some time by identifying the exact cause. If you do get any specific error codes from the scan, feel free to share them here and we can troubleshoot further together. Hang in there—sometimes these key fob troubles feel like a puzzle, but we’ll piece it together!