GLA Class (H247) Produced 2021 to Present

2022 GLA 250 Sitting at port

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 Maxima Plat and 2019 Altima Plat
2022 GLA 250 Sitting at port

We placed order for a 2022 GLA250 front wheel drive first week of August. GLA has been manufactured
and I have a VIN number. The Bad news is its been sitting at port in Germany since Nov 4 , 2021.
We have been told by dealer that GLA is waiting for parts. No other information is available. We are
aware of the chip shortage and that the GLA will come with out the power lift gate feature.
Has anyone else experienced this ?
Old 12-23-2021, 01:46 PM

Received 361 Likes on 257 Posts
'16 C450, '21 Dad Wagon Pilot, '22 Wrangler 4xe
Unfortunately, this is pretty common right now. Parts and shipping issues are creating much longer than normal waits.
Old 12-23-2021, 06:35 PM

GLC300
I made an order sometime in June. I cancelled the order in November when I kept losing features (no power tailgate was a deal breaker since the GLA was for my elderly mother). So unfortunately, it's unpredictable currently.
Old 12-26-2021, 09:18 AM

CincyMBGuy & Tobias74 Thanks for your reply !

Sad state we are in - what makes matters worse is MB won't provide any other information as to when the car will ship.
Well my wife wants to wait so that's the plan for now. Just hope things change in the new year.
Old 12-26-2021, 09:48 AM

Received 361 Likes on 257 Posts
'16 C450, '21 Dad Wagon Pilot, '22 Wrangler 4xe
Originally Posted by WN4RSS
CincyMBGuy & Tobias74 Thanks for your reply !

Sad state we are in - what makes matters worse is MB won't provide any other information as to when the car will ship.
Well my wife wants to wait so that's the plan for now. Just hope things change in the new year.
Unfortunately they just don't know. I'm a sales associate with MB and had a car readied in October that didn't arrive until 12/15.
Old 12-27-2021, 05:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLA250
I have just taken delivery of a GLA250 (a week ago)

Ordered in February, built in July but didn’t get on a boat until October.

It was waiting around partly built. Some components were fitted later.

I did order it optioned up, many of which are not available at present, but luckily all were fitted (360 cameras, Burmester, vented seats, AR Navigation etc).

The following users liked this post:
Bloom_Phaze (12-27-2021)
Old 12-27-2021, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by softsand
I have just taken delivery of a GLA250 (a week ago)

Ordered in February, built in July but didn’t get on a boat until October.

It was waiting around partly built. Some components were fitted later.

I did order it optioned up, many of which are not available at present, but luckily all were fitted (360 cameras, Burmester, vented seats, AR Navigation etc).
That's very sad you had to wait 10 month's. I can only hope we get it sooner then later. Wife's car lease is up at end of Feb 2022 already on second extension.
Our order doesnt include Burnester, and vented seats.
Thanks for your reply.

softsand - How do you like the GLA 250 so far ?

Last edited by WN4RSS; 12-27-2021 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-27-2021, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by CincyMBGuy
Unfortunately they just don't know. I'm a sales associate with MB and had a car readied in October that didn't arrive until 12/15.
CincyMBGuy Thanks for your insight - I only hope it arrives soon as wife's lease on car with second extension ends Feb 2022
Old 12-28-2021, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 355 Likes on 294 Posts
1991 190E 2.3
It's important to understand that MB is at the mercy of the computer chip maker for information. This is really a nightmare scenario for MB. I think patience is a real virtue right now.
Old 01-08-2022, 02:24 PM

2021 GLA 250 4Matic
I ordered my 2021 last March, didn’t,t receive until November.
and it came without certain software / hardware items , which they tell me I “may “ see them by this summer
Old 01-10-2022, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Raider18
I ordered my 2021 last March, didn’t,t receive until November.
and it came without certain software / hardware items , which they tell me I “may “ see them by this summer
Thanks - Some way to run a company.

Would you mind telling me what was missing ?

Thanks
Old 01-10-2022, 10:32 AM

2021 GLA 250 4Matic
The delay in shipping was due to waiting for the heads up display software, and the burmeaster sound system components.

it came with the wrong trim on the dash, the right trim was installed a week ago. They said it was so they could get it shipped.
And I,m still waiting for the Mercedesme software & roadside 🆘
I didn’t,t even come with the button, just a piece of red tape with “ 🆘 not equipped” printed on it

not really their fault., theirs global shortages in every industry right now
Old 01-10-2022, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Raider18
The delay in shipping was due to waiting for the heads up display software, and the burmeaster sound system components.

it came with the wrong trim on the dash, the right trim was installed a week ago. They said it was so they could get it shipped.
And I,m still waiting for the Mercedesme software & roadside 🆘
I didn’t,t even come with the button, just a piece of red tape with “ 🆘 not equipped” printed on it

not really their fault., theirs global shortages in every industry right now
Raider18

Thanks - Our 2022 GLA250 wasn't ordered with special trim , heads up display or burneaster sound system. So something else is holding it up.
So can you tell us your thought on the GLA - Like dislike etc.

Old 01-13-2022, 04:04 PM

All

Tuesday 10am received call from MB dealer - Our 2022 GLA250 has been assigned a ship !
No other information available at this time.

Anyone can shed light what the actually means ?

Thanks
Old 01-14-2022, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1991 190E 2.3
All

Tuesday 10am received call from MB dealer - Our 2022 GLA250 has been assigned a ship !
No other information available at this time.

Anyone can shed light what the actually means ?

Thanks
It sounds like progress to me. Looks like your GLA will soon be on a boat heading stateside.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by 190Efan
It sounds like progress to me. Looks like your GLA will soon be on a boat heading stateside.
GLA 250 will be ready for pickup at dealer Tuesday. Couple of questions about options ?

From what we ordered to what the window sticker shows ?
Driver Assist Package now says Driver Assist Package Lite - anyone know the difference
Multimedia Package now says Multimedia Package Lite - anyone know the difference
Premium Package now says Premium Package Lite - anyone know the difference
Old 02-07-2022, 09:35 AM

Received 83 Likes on 65 Posts
GLE 350 , GLA 250 and Lexus ES 350
GLA 250 will be ready for pickup at dealer Tuesday. Couple of questions about options ?

From what we ordered to what the window sticker shows ?
Driver Assist Package now says Driver Assist Package Lite - anyone know the difference
Multimedia Package now says Multimedia Package Lite - anyone know the difference
Premium Package now says Premium Package Lite - anyone know the difference
Hope this helps.
https://carbuzz.com/cars/mercedes-be...ance%20Package
Sailorlite (02-09-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 02:22 PM

2022 GLA
Angry 2022 GLA 250 - Edmonton, Canada

Hi:

I ordered my 2022 GLA 250M with the following packages:
DP1 - Premium Package
DT1 - Technology
DV1 - Navigation
DL2 - Advanced Driving Assistance
232 - Garage Door Opener
235 - Active Parking Assist
501 - 360 degree camera
586 - Logo Projector
L3B - Heated Steering Wheel

I paid my deposit for car at dealership on Dec 4, 2021 and was told 3-4 months waiting time. When April came, they told me mid May is what showing in the system. When mid-May came, they told me it's still not released for shipment. The current status as per dealership is: Waiting at factory outgate.
They do not provide much information on what is happening and how much long is it going to take. The German factory it's in, does not do much talking and their MB Canada Rep is going to tell them the same thing.
Really disappointed with how MB is handling this whole situation. They are taking out standard features such as Power Passenger Seats with memory, Auto Dimming mirrors, Foot Activated Trunk Release/Tailgate release, EASY-PACK Power Tailgate from Premium Package, which are even available in other brands. Spending that much money and still not getting these features is a huge disappoinment.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?
Old 07-08-2022, 02:44 PM

HI Dealwork

You may have done this already but just going to mention how I handled my late delivery GLA250.
We were originally told Late October delivery which changed to December and then unknown. GLA
was built in early October and ended up first sitting at factory and then released to port. Once at the port it
was delayed and delayed. My wife and I were getting close to canceling this when I decided to speak to the
General Manager of the dealership. She in turn reached out to someone who has knowledge of status/delays.
Finally in December she called me and told me the hold at the port was for some parts and they would be installed
shortly. First week of January she called me again and said GLA was complete and waiting on ship.
We did recieve the GLA250 first week of February. I truly believe who ever she spoke to made it happen.
Or we were just lucky that the parts finally arrived. One other Item which we are not happy about was that the GLA didnt
come with the automatic rear tailgate lift do to chip shortage.

Old 07-08-2022, 04:07 PM

2022 GLA
HI Dealwork

You may have done this already but just going to mention how I handled my late delivery GLA250.
We were originally told Late October delivery which changed to December and then unknown. GLA
was built in early October and ended up first sitting at factory and then released to port. Once at the port it
was delayed and delayed. My wife and I were getting close to canceling this when I decided to speak to the
General Manager of the dealership. She in turn reached out to someone who has knowledge of status/delays.
Finally in December she called me and told me the hold at the port was for some parts and they would be installed
shortly. First week of January she called me again and said GLA was complete and waiting on ship.
We did recieve the GLA250 first week of February. I truly believe who ever she spoke to made it happen.
Or we were just lucky that the parts finally arrived. One other Item which we are not happy about was that the GLA didnt
come with the automatic rear tailgate lift do to chip shortage.
My car is already built since March 2022 as well, and been told it's at the port. Trust me, I have reached out to the head of the dealership as well and all I get to hear is "there is nothing we can do!"
For the features, I read in one of the threads that it's coming with all the features if it's ordered (or maybe built) before Feb 2022. Not sure what will be in my car, if it's worth or not.
Old 08-03-2022, 11:53 AM

GLA 250 - Ordered
I placed my order for a GLA 250 4matic in Sept 2021. It's now August 2022 and the status is produced but not shipped, waiting for parts. I have the VIN#, so I hope that I only have a short time to wait until its ships???
Old 08-03-2022, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1991 190E 2.3
Originally Posted by laj02laj02
I placed my order for a GLA 250 4matic in Sept 2021. It's now August 2022 and the status is produced but not shipped, waiting for parts. I have the VIN#, so I hope that I only have a short time to wait until its ships???
The dealership where you ordered your GLA will have the best information available. The computer chip shortage continues to wreak havoc on the auto industry.
laj02laj02 (10-06-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 04:22 PM

GLA 250 - Ordered
Hello, fellow members. Last September 21, I ordered a 2022 GLA 250. I was given a PO number, and I was told delivery February 2022.
At the end of January, my dealer informed me that the car was built and a VIN was provided. Further, I was informed that the car was waiting for a ship, but no information as to what Port the car was, or what ship.
After some investigation, I was able to find this:
A - 1) The Company that transport MB cars from Germany to US is Wallenius Wilhelmsen.
2) the Port in Germany is Bremerhaven Port. MB uses the Nordhafen Port, which is a smaller Port inside of Bremerhaven Port.
3) Tracking the voyage of the car from Bremerhaven to Baltimore in my case, or any other US Port, is as follows:
a) You do not need the VIN of the car.
b) You do need the PO number.
c) You do not need your dealer to tell you in what ship the car will come to the US and when. The dealer knows as much as you do at this stage. The dealer simply does not know.
How do we do it?
1) go to the webpage of Wallenius Whilhelmsen (Google it...)
2) on the right upper corner of the page, you will find "Menu".
3) Click on it and choose "Track & Trace".
4) On the next page, on "Cargo Info" on the left, and in the small rectangular window, where it says "BOL NUMBER", click on its small arrow. and choose "CUS REF NUMBER".
5) On the next small rectangle, on the right of the first one, right the PO number given to you by the dealer at the time that you ordered the car.
If your car was loaded in the ship, you will get a new page with all the information that you need, including the schedule of the trip, the Port of departure, the Port of Arrival, the time of Departure and of Arrival and the ship's name.
If you try the above and you get a message saying "No Record Found": This means that the car is not as yet, loaded into a ship.
This also means that you have to try everyday till you get it!
B - 1) You may have a pretty good idea of what is the ship in which your car might get loaded in. How?
2) Go again to the webpage of Wallenius Wilhelmsen.
3) On its webpage, go again to "Menu", and click on it.
4) On the new page, click on "Schedules", just above "Track & trace".
5) on the new page, choose the Port of Departure (Baltimore in my case) and the Port of Arrival (Bremerhaven, or, simply Germany).
Below you will find "Find Schedule". Click on it and then in PDF if you want to print it, or "download" it.
6) Now you can see all the ships that transports MB cars, and their schedule to Bremerhaven , and you can calculate which probably will get your car based on the fact that the beauty is waiting at the Port waiting for a ship.
C -The fun does not stop here!
1) Now google "ship tracking". Youi will get quite a few applications doing that for free. I used "www.myshiptracking.com".
2) at the upper portion of the myshiptracking, click on "Vessels".
3) Input the name of the vessel that is at or on its way to Bremerhaven.
4) Once the ship is shown (usually there is a picture) click on 3 dots on the right end side of the page corresponding with the line of the ship.
Choose "Show on the Live Map".
4) the ship is shown on the world map, and, if the ship is at Bremerhaven you will see it moored.
5) Once you know that the car is loaded, you can follow the ship voyage till the US. Every few seconds or minutes satellite informs of ship's position, its speed, direction, etc.
P. S. : Please let me know any questions that you may have. If I know the answer, I will be happy to clarify.

Old 09-24-2022, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1991 190E 2.3
Originally Posted by laj02laj02
Hello, fellow members. Last September 21, I ordered a 2022 GLA 250. I was given a PO number, and I was told delivery February 2022.
At the end of January, my dealer informed me that the car was built and a VIN was provided. Further, I was informed that the car was waiting for a ship, but no information as to what Port the car was, or what ship.
After some investigation, I was able to find this:
A - 1) The Company that transport MB cars from Germany to US is Wallenius Wilhelmsen.
2) the Port in Germany is Bremerhaven Port. MB uses the Nordhafen Port, which is a smaller Port inside of Bremerhaven Port.
3) Tracking the voyage of the car from Bremerhaven to Baltimore in my case, or any other US Port, is as follows:
a) You do not need the VIN of the car.
b) You do need the PO number.
c) You do not need your dealer to tell you in what ship the car will come to the US and when. The dealer knows as much as you do at this stage. The dealer simply does not know.
How do we do it?
1) go to the webpage of Wallenius Whilhelmsen (Google it...)
2) on the right upper corner of the page, you will find "Menu".
3) Click on it and choose "Track & Trace".
4) On the next page, on "Cargo Info" on the left, and in the small rectangular window, where it says "BOL NUMBER", click on its small arrow. and choose "CUS REF NUMBER".
5) On the next small rectangle, on the right of the first one, right the PO number given to you by the dealer at the time that you ordered the car.
If your car was loaded in the ship, you will get a new page with all the information that you need, including the schedule of the trip, the Port of departure, the Port of Arrival, the time of Departure and of Arrival and the ship's name.
If you try the above and you get a message saying "No Record Found": This means that the car is not as yet, loaded into a ship.
This also means that you have to try everyday till you get it!
B - 1) You may have a pretty good idea of what is the ship in which your car might get loaded in. How?
2) Go again to the webpage of Wallenius Wilhelmsen.
3) On its webpage, go again to "Menu", and click on it.
4) On the new page, click on "Schedules", just above "Track & trace".
5) on the new page, choose the Port of Departure (Baltimore in my case) and the Port of Arrival (Bremerhaven, or, simply Germany).
Below you will find "Find Schedule". Click on it and then in PDF if you want to print it, or "download" it.
6) Now you can see all the ships that transports MB cars, and their schedule to Bremerhaven , and you can calculate which probably will get your car based on the fact that the beauty is waiting at the Port waiting for a ship.
C -The fun does not stop here!
1) Now google "ship tracking". Youi will get quite a few applications doing that for free. I used "www.myshiptracking.com".
2) at the upper portion of the myshiptracking, click on "Vessels".
3) Input the name of the vessel that is at or on its way to Bremerhaven.
4) Once the ship is shown (usually there is a picture) click on 3 dots on the right end side of the page corresponding with the line of the ship.
Choose "Show on the Live Map".
4) the ship is shown on the world map, and, if the ship is at Bremerhaven you will see it moored.
5) Once you know that the car is loaded, you can follow the ship voyage till the US. Every few seconds or minutes satellite informs of ship's position, its speed, direction, etc.
P. S. : Please let me know any questions that you may have. If I know the answer, I will be happy to clarify.
Very helpful write-up. So have you received your GLA yet? Any pictures?
Old 10-05-2022, 12:45 PM

Received 83 Likes on 65 Posts
GLE 350 , GLA 250 and Lexus ES 350
To be honest it is not worth going through this much amount of pain and unsure for GLA. I have a 2021 GLA250. The ride is rough because of the run-flat tire. The engine sounds rough because of turbo sound is loud in the small engine compartment. The touch screen always leaves a finger mark and in light, it reflects marks more. Though I like the infotainment system it looks like a tablet not integrated into the dashboard but sticking out. In the market, no good phone holder is available because the vents are round and they always move. So I modified my phone holder and used a glue gun to prevent it from moving.
The side view looks like a frog. The back view is excellent sometimes looks like a audi-type tail light. The front is impressive too. Great gas milage that is impresive but we have many 2.0 with same gas milage from other manufacturers any way. Only thing which pushed me to buy this was the Benz sign. Yes I love benz sign thats it...lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2022 GLA 250 Sitting at port