Bluetooth streaming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audi
Bluetooth streaming

Hi All,
im looking at the Q3 vs GLA. On the Q3 i can get an after market adapter to stream bluetooth from my iphone. I use pandora for music etc. and Navigon (for navigation) on my phone, while still being able to control my phone functions.

Is this possible in the GLA?
Old 02-21-2015, 07:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 GLA250 4MATIC
If you have the Multimedia Package, part of the Navigation, you can stream to the GLA from an iPhone. I do it in my car. There is a "Disk" button on the radio that cycles the built in 10GB music register, CD/DVD, SD Card Reader, USB hard drive, or Bluetooth Audio. It works really well. I don't need to even do anything on my phone, just start the car, press Disk for Bluetooth Audio, and it will start playing the last thing you played on your phone. You can use the skip and rewind buttons to go to next and previous track. You can also listen to Pandora, or even send the audio from a movie on your phone. My daughter watches Movies on my iPhone 6 and the audio plays through the car speakers over bluetooth.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:51 PM

E55 Wagon
No need for the multimedia package. You can use Bluetooth as is to stream with the regular system. I have had a GLA250 base as a loaner for the past 2 weeks....and works fine. If you use Pandora, the small display not part of the multimedia pckg will still display artist, time remaining on song, name tittle etc...And you can skip with the command dial. Same for songs on your phone.

Last edited by alihou007; 02-22-2015 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:02 PM

GLA-250, C-230
Originally Posted by alihou007
No need for the multimedia package. You can use Bluetooth as is to stream with the regular system. I have had a GLA250 base as a loaner for the past 2 weeks....and works fine. If you use Pandora, the small display not part of the multimedia pckg will still display artist, time remaining on song, name tittle etc...And you can skip with the command dial. Same for songs on your phone.
I have a base model GLA250, and it doesn't have homelink garage door opener. Do I have to pay extra to get that feature?
Old 04-29-2015, 09:53 PM

2019 GLC 300
Originally Posted by Notmy1stMB
I have a base model GLA250, and it doesn't have homelink garage door opener. Do I have to pay extra to get that feature?
That's part of the Premium package. Kinda a bummer - I'm gonna be dealing with the same thing. However you can buy a visor clip remote on Amazon/Ebay for around $20 so not a big deal really.