GLA Class (X156) Produced 2013-2020

Comand center internal malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA 250
Comand center internal malfunction

Hi! Can anyone offer any suggestions? I have a 2015 GLA 250 with 44k miles. All of a sudden I lost sound regardless of the function I was using (i.e. radio, BT, Nav). I tried fuses, nothing. Took to a service tech and no error codes. Called MB customer service and he tried troubleshooting with no luck. Took to dealer and received a quote that said that the “Comand center had an internal malfunction” and was going to cost SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS to repair. I almost lost my lunch. When the original service tech hooked to the machine he was able to test the amp and sound was heard fine. And, when the customer service rep tested some things there was sound. It has “reconnected” for a short time on 2 occasions, while driving down the road with a passenger. I’m just baffled that it’s something that serious and would cost a third of the cars value. It barely has any miles on it! I would be so grateful for any suggestions! Thank you so much!

Last edited by D Clonch; 01-20-2021 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 366 Likes on 303 Posts
1991 190E 2.3
Maybe get a 2nd opinion at a different MB dealer in your area? So sorry for your trouble. It does sound like there's some electronic functioning effort going on. You might also try www.glaowners.com. There might also be a GLA owner there who might be able to shed some light on the problem for you.