Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLB 250 4Matic
Originally Posted by John Patrick
Mountain Grey? Awesome picture homey
Old 09-25-2020, 01:44 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2020 GLC 300 4MATIC in Selenite Grey
Originally Posted by Ryan Roland
Also sounds fishy to me. I know some states dealers are required to charge a D&H, but the bank fee? That sounds like utter horse sh-i-t. In CO I had a $599 D&H, I just made a point of busting ***** till that $599 came off the invoice price, to then cover said fee they said "I have to pay" Cool and done deal.
Again, not fishy at all. If you didn't lease your GLB and/or have never leased a vehicle before you may not be familiar with the fee. And like I said earlier people may think the fee is too high or think it's unfair that they charge it, but there's a big difference between that and saying it's fishy, or BS, or some kind of scam that the dealer is trying to pull because it just isn't. And just as a side note since you mentioned your experience with the doc fee, the lease acquisition fee can't be negotiated away but it can sometimes be negotiated a little depending on how much it's been marked up. Here is a quote from the article I referenced before that explains the acquisition fee/bank fee:

A lease-acquisition fee is a fee that a leasing company charges to cover the administrative costs of setting up a new auto lease. While this fee can be expensive — around $1,000 in some cases — it may also be negotiable.

You can google "lease acquisition fee" and multiple articles that explain it (from several reputable sites) will come up.

Last edited by JEDC1; 09-25-2020 at 04:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Oh Cool (09-25-2020)
Old 09-26-2020, 07:07 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
GLB, GLA
Ok, then.

If you think these are the fees you would like to be DELIGHTED AND HAPPY to pay the dealership, then please do so.

I would not IF I DON'T HAVE TO.

These days, the dealers are drumming up various fees to get more out of the consumers.

Originally Posted by JEDC1
Again, not fishy at all. If you didn't lease your GLB and/or have never leased a vehicle before you may not be familiar with the fee. And like I said earlier people may think the fee is too high or think it's unfair that they charge it, but there's a big difference between that and saying it's fishy, or BS, or some kind of scam that the dealer is trying to pull because it just isn't. And just as a side note since you mentioned your experience with the doc fee, the lease acquisition fee can't be negotiated away but it can sometimes be negotiated a little depending on how much it's been marked up. Here is a quote from the article I referenced before that explains the acquisition fee/bank fee:

A lease-acquisition fee is a fee that a leasing company charges to cover the administrative costs of setting up a new auto lease. While this fee can be expensive — around $1,000 in some cases — it may also be negotiable.

You can google "lease acquisition fee" and multiple articles that explain it (from several reputable sites) will come up.
Old 09-26-2020, 07:37 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2020 GLC 300 4MATIC in Selenite Grey
Originally Posted by GLB4US
Ok, then.

If you think these are the fees you would like to be DELIGHTED AND HAPPY to pay the dealership, then please do so.

I would not IF I DON'T HAVE TO.

These days, the dealers are drumming up various fees to get more out of the consumers.
You're really missing my point. Of course no one wants to pay any of these fees (the lease acquisition fee and the dealer doc fee) but that's a different point than saying they are made up or fake or fishy or whatever. When you or others say that these fees are "fishy" or "BS" again it implies that they are some kind of fake charges that are made up. They aren't. You can basically go anywhere on the internet (edmunds.com etc. etc. etc.) and confirm that they are legitimate fees. Again, not necessarily fair or reasonable fees but not "fishy" either.

The acquisition fee for a lease is a Mercedes-Benz Financial Services fee, not a dealer fee. It is not going away. You have to pay it on a Mercedes lease. Period. Now whether you pay the full $1095 or a couple hundred less is a matter of negotiation. But in the case of that fee in particular, you do have to pay it on a lease. The doc fee is a little trickier. Most dealers won't budge on it (as I said before) but what they may do is discount the car enough to offset the amount of the doc fee if you fight it enough...or they may even lower the doc fee or eliminate it (since they pad some profit into it anyway) if you press the issue. But you can trust and believe that if the dealer makes that doc fee go away, it isn't necessarily because you were such a tough negotiator but probably because they were making enough off of you already to get rid of it.

I agree with your last point though. Dealers (and manufacturers) will keep trying to come up with more ways to get us all to part with our money.

Last edited by JEDC1; 09-26-2020 at 07:51 PM.
Oh Cool (09-26-2020)
Old 09-27-2020, 09:55 AM

GLB, GLA
Yes, Everything in life is NEGOTIABLE.

Originally Posted by JEDC1
You're really missing my point. Of course no one wants to pay any of these fees (the lease acquisition fee and the dealer doc fee) but that's a different point than saying they are made up or fake or fishy or whatever. When you or others say that these fees are "fishy" or "BS" again it implies that they are some kind of fake charges that are made up. They aren't. You can basically go anywhere on the internet (edmunds.com etc. etc. etc.) and confirm that they are legitimate fees. Again, not necessarily fair or reasonable fees but not "fishy" either.

The acquisition fee for a lease is a Mercedes-Benz Financial Services fee, not a dealer fee. It is not going away. You have to pay it on a Mercedes lease. Period. Now whether you pay the full $1095 or a couple hundred less is a matter of negotiation. But in the case of that fee in particular, you do have to pay it on a lease. The doc fee is a little trickier. Most dealers won't budge on it (as I said before) but what they may do is discount the car enough to offset the amount of the doc fee if you fight it enough...or they may even lower the doc fee or eliminate it (since they pad some profit into it anyway) if you press the issue. But you can trust and believe that if the dealer makes that doc fee go away, it isn't necessarily because you were such a tough negotiator but probably because they were making enough off of you already to get rid of it.

I agree with your last point though. Dealers (and manufacturers) will keep trying to come up with more ways to get us all to part with our money.
JEDC1 (09-27-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB 250
I am getting a 12% discount off MSRP. a roughly $49.5k MSRP spec is costing me $48.5 out the door after $6k in discounts. Has anyone seen any better deals lately? I have spoken to about a dozen dealerships. Most laughed at me and only 1 said they could match it.
Old 10-27-2020, 01:00 PM

n/a
Originally Posted by farhanahmed
I am getting a 12% discount off MSRP. a roughly $49.5k MSRP spec is costing me $48.5 out the door after $6k in discounts. Has anyone seen any better deals lately? I have spoken to about a dozen dealerships. Most laughed at me and only 1 said they could match it.
May I ask where do you get 12% MSRP ? I am in NY/North NJ and the dealership is only offering 2.5%. I don’t know whether it makes sense to get the GLB out of state and ship it back to my area.
Old 10-27-2020, 01:10 PM

GLB 250
Originally Posted by RP0920
May I ask where do you get 12% MSRP ? I am in NY/North NJ and the dealership is only offering 2.5%. I don’t know whether it makes sense to get the GLB out of state and ship it back to my area.
MB of Chandler in Arizona. I am in the process to order a 2021 GLB. Just adding a few more options to the spec. Order to be placed in Jan for a Feb delivery. 2.5% is a terrible offer. MB of Scottsdale offered me 8% off MSRP which is the low end of the KBB fair market range 8%-12%. I would recommend you shop around. 2.5% is not worth it in my opinion. Look at dealerships in neighboring states.

Also, I wanted to share the below link to the site of the Attorney General of Arizona and what they say about buying cars. I made a terrible deal on my current Infiniti basically making all the mistakes noted in the Negotiating the Deal section of the site below. Needless to say I learnt my lesson. The moral of the story is to remember you don't really "need" that shiny new Mercedes so be prepared to look at other brands premium or otherwise. Focus on the "value" you are getting (ex. KBB new car value), take time to consider the offer, and under no circumstances negotiate with the dealer on the phone or at their dealership. Do all negotiations via email, discuss them with friends or family you can rely on to give you good advice, and be prepared to walk away. I looked at a BMW X3, Hyundai Santa Fe/Tucson, Kia etc. before settling on the GLB.

Good luck to you!

https://www.azag.gov/consumer/auto

Last edited by farhanahmed; 10-27-2020 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:31 PM

GLB, GLA
I got about 11% off MSRP on a loaded GLB 4Matic back in May in SoCal with ZERO % FINANCING with MB Financial PLUS 90 days no payment!! That was THE BEST deal I could manage.

You did pretty good 👍

Originally Posted by farhanahmed
farhanahmed (10-28-2020)
Old 11-25-2020, 09:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLB250 4Matic
Get it from a NY dealer. $75 doc fee. Tag/Registration fee could vary depending on where you live.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:06 PM

n/a
I don’t mind going to NY to purchase the car. But it seems the dealership in NYC/ NJ area doesn’t offer a high MSRP discount as comparing to those in West coast. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:26 PM

GLB250 4Matic
Can't speak for the West Coast cuz I just don't know, but I feel NJ offer the worst deal. Our experience with NY dealers surround NYC has been decent, they're willing to work to earn your business if you tell them that you've done your research and you're ready to deal if they play hard. We didn't like the competitiveness from the CT/PA dealers either. My friend in MD said MB Germantown was competitive. If you're trying to score a deal with the remaining 2020 GLB's on the dealer lot, now should be a good time, we've heard as much as close to 10% off MSRP which is not bad I think.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 glb250
Happened to snag, with heavy negotiating for a couple of hours a 2020 with 3rd row seating for 43k flat
Old 01-03-2021, 09:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by Erdal718
Happened to snag, with heavy negotiating for a couple of hours a 2020 with 3rd row seating for 43k flat
What was the MSRP for this car?
Old 01-11-2021, 04:33 PM

Received 133 Likes on 100 Posts
2023 EQB300
2021 GLE350 owner here but friend ordered a GLB from a SoCal dealer in Dec. Paid invoice less incentive (United Airlines FF program). Build date of 3D January and dealer told him to expect delivery the end of February.

How are others finding GLB deliveries these days? GLE's have come to a halt due to some parts issues. I was lucky. My GLE350 was completed 9/30 and arrived from Alabama in NY on 10/19. You want a 450, fagettaboutit, as we say here.
Old 08-18-2021, 09:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
new to Mercedes; looking for 1st one
congrats! How do u like it? pros/cons? love the color! is it a true metallic white? thx
Old 08-24-2021, 08:54 AM

GLB200d
I paid some $45xxx equivalent for GLB 200d 4Matic in Sweden and its the price almost the same in entire Europe so you can relate the price for different models.
Old 03-25-2024, 03:42 AM

GLB 200d (2020)
Originally Posted by rohanshivi1
I paid some $45xxx equivalent for GLB 200d 4Matic in Sweden and its the price almost the same in entire Europe so you can relate the price for different models.
GLB 200d, 2020, 44k EUR, 19k KM driven, 3 years old, factory guarantee, in Finland.

Kind of midd range version (called Business here):

- Distronic Plus with Steering Assist,
- Heated Seats,
- Augmented Reality Navigation,
- 10,24"" displays,
- towing hook (aftermarket),
- heated engine, heated interior, battery charging from power socket (nordic countries specific setup),
- two sets of tires (winter studded tires).
- ambient light

Cars here are pricy as far as I can read above. You can see below the exact price and configuration when the car has been purchases new.
You can read some details about it in my blog here:https://ninjutzu.top/?p=40