Delays in GLB deliveries

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 08:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes GLC //Spitfire Mk3 Triumph 1969
Angry Delays in GLB deliveries

Hi everyone,

I don't know if in the US you have delays in the deliveries of your GLBs.

Just to share my experience:
I've placed an order for a GLB last Feb 2020, to replace my current GLC.
Lead-time : mid July
Due to Covid, new lead-time : end of July

Car built on July 8
Reached Bremerhaven (Germany) on August 20. Bremerhaven is the European entry port for almost all (if not all) the GLB's manufactured in Mexico and to be delivered in Europe. I am leaving in France.
Blocked in the harbour since then : it was promised to be delivered mid of Sept, then end of Sept and now mid of October.
Almost all the GLBs arrived at Bremerhaven as from mid of August are blocked and slowly released after the different quality issues are fixed : some checks or some missing parts due to supply issues (Covid).
I'm even not sure to get it in 2 weeks. And it has been built almost 2 months ago !!

Mercedes is absolutely not helpful, they do not care and it's hard to get information : customer service is not the same this side of the Atlantic !
I can't and I don't want to cancel the order : it is a leasing car (company car) so the owner is the leasing company (and they do not care less if the car is that much delayed).

I hear about complaints from many owners, from many different European countries for that same reason : GLB blocked at the harbour in Germany, and very slowly released.

I am tired to wait, and I am very angry how Mercedes handle this.
Old 10-02-2020, 02:17 PM

GLB 250 4Matic
Originally Posted by Greglem
Hi everyone,

I don't know if in the US you have delays in the deliveries of your GLBs.

Just to share my experience:
I've placed an order for a GLB last Feb 2020, to replace my current GLC.
Lead-time : mid July
Due to Covid, new lead-time : end of July

Car built on July 8
Reached Bremerhaven (Germany) on August 20. Bremerhaven is the European entry port for almost all (if not all) the GLB's manufactured in Mexico and to be delivered in Europe. I am leaving in France.
Blocked in the harbour since then : it was promised to be delivered mid of Sept, then end of Sept and now mid of October.
Almost all the GLBs arrived at Bremerhaven as from mid of August are blocked and slowly released after the different quality issues are fixed : some checks or some missing parts due to supply issues (Covid).
I'm even not sure to get it in 2 weeks. And it has been built almost 2 months ago !!

Mercedes is absolutely not helpful, they do not care and it's hard to get information : customer service is not the same this side of the Atlantic !
I can't and I don't want to cancel the order : it is a leasing car (company car) so the owner is the leasing company (and they do not care less if the car is that much delayed).

I hear about complaints from many owners, from many different European countries for that same reason : GLB blocked at the harbour in Germany, and very slowly released.

I am tired to wait, and I am very angry how Mercedes handle this.
Covid messed things up hear too but since Mexico is a short port from California or Maryland we most likely get them in half the time. That said my GLB was built 01/2020 but wasn't delivered to dealer in Colorado until Late August and I bought it a month later
Old 10-04-2020, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 356 Likes on 295 Posts
1991 190E 2.3
I understand COVID is causing big disruptions in the supply chain around the world making getting parts a real problem. MB probably is having trouble getting answers from their suppliers as well. I understand your frustration but I guess patience is the best advise for now.
Old 10-04-2020, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB 35 AMG
I’m exactly in the same situation, I’m from Poland. My GLB 35 was delivered to Germany in August (ordered in June) was supposed to be delivered in mid September and since then nothing. Dealer is not giving any updates, not offering rental car...zero...I can imagine at this point Dacia is offering better customer service. I only got
information that “priority on my car was raised to highest possible” but still no one can confirm delivery date. Nightmare....
Old 10-05-2020, 04:29 AM

My GLB is on priority list since Sept 11......
Covid cannot explain the very poor level of service offered by Mercedes Benz.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:08 PM

GLB 35 AMG
Obviously..It looks like MB used to be premium brand....at some point I was even thinking of cancelling the order. On the other hand after trying different cars for over 3 months and waiting additional 4....i really want that one :-)
Old 10-07-2020, 08:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GLB 250 4Matic
I'm kind of on the same boat. I ordered mine in January then mid year because of COVID they cancelled my order and reordered me a 2021. Then just recently i was told my order is ready for shipment but it's a 2020. So basically what they did was build me a 2020 with my 2021 order form (so some things are missing with the 2021 like the HUD). So since it's coming to the end of the year and we are about to go into 2021, I don't know if I want the 2020, still debating and might not even take the order when it comes in.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:26 AM

I've called my Dealer today and he has confirmed to me that my GLB is on a truck and would reach the garage today or Monday at the latest. Finally !
Ordered in February through leasing company (it is my company car)
Built on July 8
Arrived in Germany on August 20
And is now in France...

I couldn't have wait any longer.

+/- 2 weeks max for the registration and paperwork and I should get it.

FINALLY
The following users liked this post:
Filip R (10-12-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 07:33 AM

I went to the garage to see my car. Here it is. I don't know when the delivery will take place, still waiting for all paperwork + registration to be done.
The following users liked this post:
davv1215 (10-14-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 07:43 AM

GLB 35 AMG
Congrats! I heard on Monday that my car was released from Bremerhaven but still no one knows when it will be delivered to Poland. On the other hand if I would be running my business the way Mercedes does....probably I would be without job :-D
Old 10-14-2020, 08:03 AM

The most important is the fact it has left Bremerhaven.
Then it will arrive anytime
Old 10-18-2020, 12:57 PM

I finally received it, last Friday.

Old 10-20-2020, 06:32 AM

GLB 35 AMG
Great to hear that it finally arrived :-) On the other hand..today i got offical notice from MB that my GLB will be delivered by 20 FEB 2021...so I just cancelled the order, there are other options on the market luckily and I'm tired with their approach.
Enjoy your new car ;-)
Old 10-20-2020, 06:57 AM

Wow
February 2021 ????
How can they explain they told you last week that it has left Bremerhaven and now it doesn't exist anymore?? Are they serious?
This is crazy !

Can't your dealer help you to find an existing one, from stock? One of my friends has cancelled his order as the dealer found a GLB from stock, 95% identical to his initial order.
Good luck
Old 10-20-2020, 07:03 AM

GLB 35 AMG
Well...thats the ping-pong Im playing with them since september....they said that car was indeed released however Daimler due to Co2 emission exceedance is not going to release it to be registered...anyway as far as i heard thats the story with all AMG's. They gave me back everything from advance payment so beside rental car fee and stressfull month we are even. I already spoke with lawyer and wanted to charge them for everything i paid for extra...but now i just want to get rid cooperation with MB and probably will get Cupra Formentor