GLB 200 1.3L 163hp thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A6
GLB 200 1.3L 163hp thoughts

Hi Guys,
does anyone own or have experience of a GLB 200 1.3L 163hp engine. I have been looking for a good deal on GLB and recently my local AD is doing a good apr and a generous contribution towards the GLB till the 3rd of May.
well the catch? They only have GLB 200 1.3L amg line premium plus in stock.
I am skeptical that the engine will be a let down and likely underpowered. Therefore, would appreciate any suggestions or feedback from anyone who has experience with this model or experience.

thank you
Old 04-29-2021, 05:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glb 200
Underpowered and the wheels wobble at 80kms/hr and higher

I bought one a month ago and I hate it. Been at the dealer twice for the wobble and they have claimed that it is “normal”.

if you are used to a faster car (I.e 2 LTR or greater), you will not be impressed by its lack of it in the 1.3

I am hoping to return it or sell it.

Originally Posted by xkasx
Hi Guys,
does anyone own or have experience of a GLB 200 1.3L 163hp engine. I have been looking for a good deal on GLB and recently my local AD is doing a good apr and a generous contribution towards the GLB till the 3rd of May.
well the catch? They only have GLB 200 1.3L amg line premium plus in stock.
I am skeptical that the engine will be a let down and likely underpowered. Therefore, would appreciate any suggestions or feedback from anyone who has experience with this model or experience.

thank you
Old 04-29-2021, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A6
Originally Posted by viciousnot
I bought one a month ago and I hate it. Been at the dealer twice for the wobble and they have claimed that it is “normal”.

if you are used to a faster car (I.e 2 LTR or greater), you will not be impressed by its lack of it in the 1.3

I am hoping to return it or sell it.
thank you for the reply. I decided to pass on the 1.3l GLB as I managed to test drive one a few days ago. The particular one was extremely inefficient (25mpg)on motorway speeds compared the 48-52 mpg my 5 year old A6 does. The engine was very rough as well. The 2.2ltr diesel might be better.

Our local AD was very enthusiastic about the 1.3 they had 10 in stock. I hope you get yours sorted soon man.