GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

Speed camera alert and SD Slots

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB
Question Speed camera alert and SD Slots

I got my GLB today but I don't think the in-built navigation comes with speed camera alerts etc. Is this correct?

I found some info that you can add POI to the navigation but it requires me to add it into the SD card. But I don't think GLB has a SD Slot? How do everyone handle this situation?

I know I can just use Android Auto with Waze etc to solve this issue. But it would be nice to have speed camera alert on the original navigation as well.
Old 05-22-2021, 06:22 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2023 EQE 350 4matic / 2019 911 Carrera T
As far as I know, speed camera is not available on the nav (my GLE didn’t have that feature). You would need waze or another CarPlay/android auto to capture that feature as you mentioned.

also, no SD card as well. I believe they completely did away with that as well I favor of CarPlay/android auto. My car didn’t come with nav and been using TomTom successfully for speed cameras.

speaking with my sales rep and service rep, both mentioned that MB will be relying on our mobile phones heavily for a lot of these features. Sounds like garbage cost cutting measures.