GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

Eyeing glb35 as my first car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2021, 02:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
None
Eyeing glb35 as my first car

Hi all. I am about to make an important decision. I'm considering buying a glb 35 (not yet available in Vietnam market) and i am curious on a lot of things since this is my first car and it will set me back by 145,000usd just for the standard package (yes almost 250% tax and insurance).

1) have you had any issues regarding the sunroof? I read a bunch of articles that said there are likely to be issues popping up after a while.

2) is it worth getting the illuminated star and the sound system?

3) which areas in the car were made with cheap plastic?

4) based on the final amount i will end up paying, do you think glb 35 is worth it? Thanks guys

Last edited by Dcube; 06-08-2021 at 03:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mtuan321 (10-12-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 04:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2021 GLB 250
I had to read your post twice to make sure you wrote 145,000 USD!! That’s a G-Wagen price in the US!! Here are my. thoughts to your questions.

1) No sunroof issues on either of our GLBs
2) Sound system, yes. Illuminated star, no. (I’m personally not a fan of the illuminated star.)
3) It seems most of the cheap plastic are in areas you don’t regularly touch, like below the armrests on the doors.
4) I think that’s a question only you can answer. If you’re comfortable with the price, and you enjoy the car, then IMO it’s worth it to you.

Hope this is helpful.
The following users liked this post:
Alan Chicago (06-08-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 08:26 PM

None
Originally Posted by BSG75
I had to read your post twice to make sure you wrote 145,000 USD!! That’s a G-Wagen price in the US!! Here are my. thoughts to your questions.

1) No sunroof issues on either of our GLBs
2) Sound system, yes. Illuminated star, no. (I’m personally not a fan of the illuminated star.)
3) It seems most of the cheap plastic are in areas you don’t regularly touch, like below the armrests on the doors.
4) I think that’s a question only you can answer. If you’re comfortable with the price, and you enjoy the car, then IMO it’s worth it to you.

Hope this is helpful.
Yes the number is accurate. G WAGON is 500,000 usd. ​​​Thanks for response.

1) sunroof - The climate here gets pretty hot and harsh at this time of the year. So this is very important driving it around here. Plus have u driven it in heavy rain, how loud is that hitting the roof?

2) ok. Will ditch the star and stick to the sound system

3) plastic stuff - ok thats good with me

4) tough one, well not only mb is crazily priced. All other brands have crazy price tags attached to them in comparison to other markets as well.

Gb35 arrives in September, can't wait to see it
Old 06-09-2021, 07:41 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2023 GLC 300 2022 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
  1. No sunroof issues - it's been dead quiet.
  2. I have the parking assist package, so an illuminated star is not available. I have the Burmester sound system. To my ears, it's pretty weak and thin sounding, despite trying different EQ settings.
  3. I don't think any of the plastic parts seem cheap, excepting the plastic shafts that engage the transmission and windshield wipers.
  4. Value is subjective. I went with the GLB35 because of the extra horsepower. You can spec out a GLB 250 with and AMG package that will look near identical to the GLB35 (except for the vertical grill) and easily be $5k cheaper.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:24 AM

None
Thank you all for the replies.

The local dealership ran out of glb200 and glb250 is not available for Vietnam market. So I think i will give glb 35 a try. I have been practically staring at pics, seeing videos, and reading reviews for the last 2 months. Im just so in love and cant wait to have this in my garage.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dcube:
Boardwalk35 (06-14-2021), Timmay (06-11-2021)
Old 06-14-2021, 09:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2023 AMG EQE
Originally Posted by Dcube
Thank you all for the replies.

The local dealership ran out of glb200 and glb250 is not available for Vietnam market. So I think i will give glb 35 a try. I have been practically staring at pics, seeing videos, and reading reviews for the last 2 months. Im just so in love and cant wait to have this in my garage.
I have had my GLB 35 for about 3 weeks now, it’s a blast to drive. I think you’ll be very happy with your decision.
Old 06-14-2021, 09:23 PM

None
Originally Posted by Boardwalk35
I have had my GLB 35 for about 3 weeks now, it’s a blast to drive. I think you’ll be very happy with your decision.
Awesome. Glad to hear that. I asked a few showrooms yesterday. They estimated September for arrival. So i am definitely pumped for this car