GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

Glb 35 base audio amplifer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 02:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2022 GLB 35
Glb 35 base audio amplifer

I just got a new glb 35 with base audio. Does anyone know if it has a factory amplifier, and if so where it's at? Wanting to tap into the fiber optic and use a mobridge most 150 decoder to add a couple audison prima forza digital amps to power my audiofrog speakers! Couldnt find much at all online.
I was told by someone that the base audio may not have an external amp and that if so, it may need to be flashed to enable the toslink to add one. Couldnt find and info or confirmation anywhere on this either! I hate to start taking apart a car with 50 miles in it for no reason if I dont have to!
Old 02-22-2022, 09:27 AM

Received 108 Likes on 85 Posts
2014 C63
I haven't seen a Mercedes in the last 20 years that didn't have an external amp somewhere, but who knows. Even my 2004 C32 had a fiber optic input on the factory Bose amp. I'd imagine its in the back behind the left or right panel.
Old 02-22-2022, 11:07 AM

2022 GLB 35
Originally Posted by skullbox15
I haven't seen a Mercedes in the last 20 years that didn't have an external amp somewhere, but who knows. Even my 2004 C32 had a fiber optic input on the factory Bose amp. I'd imagine its in the back behind the left or right panel.
that's what I was thinking. I went to the dealer parts dept and asked if they had a part number for a factory amp for my vin and they couldnt find one, but I still dont believe it. I think I'm gonna pull up that area and just look. Adding some amps to this system has been alot harder than I had anticipated!
Old 02-22-2022, 12:31 PM

Received 108 Likes on 85 Posts
2014 C63
Originally Posted by nelsonford218
Adding some amps to this system has been alot harder than I had anticipated!
Tell me about it! I did a 2-amp system in my C32 and new components for the doors. At least they have that amp that hooks into the factory wiring. I don't think such a thing existed when I tried. I ended up tapping the factory speakers off the output of the amp. It worked but created a lot more wiring and headache than I thought. Replacing the factory bose speakers wasn't easy either since the openings in the doors don't fit a standard speaker. I had to make my own bracket adapters that still allowed me to get the door panels back on and the magnet of the speaker had about 1/4" of clearance when the windows were rolled down.
Old 02-22-2022, 03:53 PM

2022 GLB 35
Originally Posted by skullbox15
Tell me about it! I did a 2-amp system in my C32 and new components for the doors. At least they have that amp that hooks into the factory wiring. I don't think such a thing existed when I tried. I ended up tapping the factory speakers off the output of the amp. It worked but created a lot more wiring and headache than I thought. Replacing the factory bose speakers wasn't easy either since the openings in the doors don't fit a standard speaker. I had to make my own bracket adapters that still allowed me to get the door panels back on and the magnet of the speaker had about 1/4" of clearance when the windows were rolled down.
Yea, I thought about using high inputs but I'm putting in fairly high end stuff and would like to keep it all digital if I can. Didnt really know anything about MOST until trying to research this car. Getting quite expensive! 600-700 just for a module to decode the most 150 just to get a signal to feed my processor!
Old 04-09-2024, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glb250
[QUOTE=nelsonford218;8516464]I just got a new glb 35 with base audio. Does anyone know if it has a factory amplifier, and if so where it's at? Wanting to tap into the fiber optic and use a mobridge most 150 decoder to add a couple audison prima forza digital amps to power my audiofrog speakers! Couldnt find much at all online.
I was told by someone that the base audio may not have an external amp and that if so, it may need to be flashed to enable the toslink to add one. Couldnt find and info or confirmation anywhere on this either!

did you find the location ?