GLB Class (X247) Produced 2020 to Present

New Owner of GLB 250 MBUX Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2022, 02:17 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
'76 240D (inactive), '79 240D (inactive), '14 ML350 Blue Tec (Active), '22 GLB250 (Active)
New Owner of GLB 250 MBUX Question

Hello, Just closed on a fantastic deal with MB of Englewood NJ, for one of their GLB 250 4matic loaners with 7K, $40,800 all in with DA3, DA8 and DA9 options. I have an existing '14 ML350 Blue Tec so the MBUX Multimedia System is new to me. I'm Ripping CDS to a Thumb drive and will be using it in the vehicle. Been watching YouTubes. Question Please: Will the "Hey Mercedes" be able to find a ripped cd based on artist on the Thumb Drive? I see how the display can be swiped up and down along with the touchpad THANKS..........
The following users liked this post:
dvenneman (12-21-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 09:22 AM

Received 163 Likes on 122 Posts
2021 Glb35 AMG (2013 GLK 350)
I have my thumb drive with the songs, But so far I haven't listened the mp3's much as I am still with the satellite radio. I did manual written searches couple times, but then it stuck with the searched artists as I don't have full cd's uploaded. I guess you should be able to search with "Hey Mercedes" as well. For cd's, I ended up with a cd player thru the usb drive:

Amazon Amazon

Originally Posted by SRNH
Hello, Just closed on a fantastic deal with MB of Englewood NJ, for one of their GLB 250 4matic loaners with 7K, $40,800 all in with DA3, DA8 and DA9 options. I have an existing '14 ML350 Blue Tec so the MBUX Multimedia System is new to me. I'm Ripping CDS to a Thumb drive and will be using it in the vehicle. Been watching YouTubes. Question Please: Will the "Hey Mercedes" be able to find a ripped cd based on artist on the Thumb Drive? I see how the display can be swiped up and down along with the touchpad THANKS..........
Old 12-22-2022, 07:47 PM

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
GLK350
I do not believe you can use Hey Mercedes with the thumb drive. Here is a video and no mention of being able to do that:
i
Old 12-23-2022, 01:35 PM

Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
2014 C63
Nice score on the car. The loaners in my area usually don't have a lot of options.
Old 12-26-2022, 05:45 PM

'76 240D (inactive), '79 240D (inactive), '14 ML350 Blue Tec (Active), '22 GLB250 (Active)
SERHAN & TBIRDVET, Thanks for the responses. I was surprised how easy it was taking a CD and transferring it to a Thumb Drive, I created two top level folders one for my wife and once for me, under that I created a folder for each Artist and then within those folders copied whole CDs. The Folder function allows us to scroll down through artists and zero-in on the particular Album. I agree no "Hey Mercedes" function to bring-up an Artist but the folder fucntion affords easy access. Thanks again for responding
Old 12-26-2022, 05:59 PM

CPO INVENTORY

Originally Posted by skullbox15
Nice score on the car. The loaners in my area usually don't have a lot of options.
SKULLBOX15, Thanks for the response, I scoped-out what I wanted as far as options and then did a 500 mile search on the MBSA Site of their CPO Inventory, I was prepared to travel if the price and options were right. The initial search to identify candidates took a long time to perform, the CPO Inventory site was not well designed at all, it doesn't allow a filter for Interior Color, so you have to open-up each listing that meets your Exterior Color and Drivetrain to see if the Options you desire are included and identify the Interior color. I kept an excel spreadsheet with the Dealership Links of each candidate and checked them several times a day. On the one I purchased the price dropped just hours before I spotted it and the sale was completed, the Benzel-Bush dealership even threw-in free delivery right to my door some 3.75 hours away. Anyone looking needs to be prepared to do some up-front research and be ready to "GO" if everythng linbes-up.
The following users liked this post:
MBenzdriver (12-30-2023)
Old 12-26-2022, 07:13 PM

2014 C63
My search was similar in Feb of 2022. I wanted a Galaxy Blue Metallic with dark interior + 4Matic. That narrowed my search quite a bit with that combo and I found a low mileage one a few hundred miles away similar to yours at an Audi dealer. By the time I called, they sent it to auction :*( All the MB dealers at the time wanted top dollar and had high "dealer fees." I tried searching for brand new ones but at the time none of them had power seats or a power liftgate. I ended up finding one a state over at a Toyota dealer.

My only gotcha was that I assumed the premium multimedia package had XM radio. I didn't realize it was an individual option.

Mine has been solid so far. I changed the oil myself when I first got it. It had 9k miles (2022 model) and it now has 13k. I've been happy with it so far.
Old 12-27-2022, 09:45 AM

SKULLBOX15, I'm with you, so far so good, it replaced a '99 RX300 with 295K miles which didn't owe us a thing. I was attracted to the GLC250 because of the roof design. Most new cars have a definite roof slope that cuts off headroom but because of the 3rd row seating option it kept the headroom level and that affords a Travel Crate for our 70lb Bull Terrier.

Couple of things I really don't like 1) That you can't permanently deselect the start/stop function like a Porsche. Here in NH there's lots of hills and so I'm learning with every start to disengage that right off the bat. 2) I agree with everyone that's commented about the Sunvisor Design, Pretty Bad doesn't adequately cover around the rearview mirror nor the side windows. You would have thought a slide function would have been incorporated, even VW incorporated that function back in the 2010 TDI Sportwagon I owned until it was recalled. I went from the VW TDI to my ML350 BTC that was also recalled but addressed through engineering changes, I think the diesel engine is easier to maintain.

On another subject I saw this youtube about a Mercedes Dashcam, I've been researching, a worthwhile function for safety and liability reasons
UPGRADE your Mercedes with a DASHCAM! - Bing video
Old 12-27-2022, 11:19 AM

2014 C63
Yes, I hate that auto/start stop as well. I agree regarding the flat roof. Much better way to give you more room for cargo and not making the car larger overall.

Interesting share about the dash cam. Thanks for that!
Old 01-03-2023, 02:25 PM

"HEY MERCEDES" does recognize Ripped Files on THUMB Drive

Originally Posted by tbirdvet
I do not believe you can use Hey Mercedes with the thumb drive. Here is a video and no mention of being able to do that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxHJZbGDIvI&t=147s
i
Well, my wife announced that she asked "Hey Mercedes" for "Phantom of the Opera" (1 of 35 CDs) that I ripped on a thumb drive and sure enough, we did some other tests and YUP, works fine. Now remember when you start you need to create a Top-Level Folder first, whatever you want to call it and as you rip each CD using MS Windows Media Player you'll need to change the settings-options to send the ripped music to that folder's name not the Drive. As each CD is ripped (aka copied) a Folder with the CD's title will be created by Windows Media Player and the associated songs will be deposited in it. Make sure the format of the Thumb drive is FAT32, view under properties.

Last edited by SRNH; 01-03-2023 at 02:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-04-2023, 11:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2022 GLB 250 4matic
I'd bet the farm on a no. I've found Hey Mercedes basically useless and use Siri on my phone instead. The long pauses are also intolerable to me when I can finger bang the screen at a light much faster than Mercedes can drool her responses. It seems rare any GLBs are delivered w/the more advanced chips which may be part of the issue (no augmented reality, unable to play video on screen, etc.)
Old 01-05-2023, 07:42 AM

Received 178 Likes on 139 Posts
2021 Mercedes GLB250 4Matic
I find that Android Auto or Apple Carplay voice recognition software is far more superior to any car manufacturers stock voice recognition, even though MB is far better than other brands that I had. In my previous Toyotas I did not even bother to use it. it would not understand even simple call directions.
Old 01-05-2023, 04:56 PM

"Hey Mercedes" does plat specific Ripped MP3 Files on Thumb Drive

Originally Posted by diggs718
I'd bet the farm on a no. I've found Hey Mercedes basically useless and use Siri on my phone instead. The long pauses are also intolerable to me when I can finger bang the screen at a light much faster than Mercedes can drool her responses. It seems rare any GLBs are delivered w/the more advanced chips which may be part of the issue (no augmented reality, unable to play video on screen, etc.)
DIGGS718..... Perhaps you missed my last post of which I confirmed, "Hey Mercedes" does play a specific CD that was "ripped" or copied to a thumb drive.

Preface: In order to copy a music CD you must have a software application that recognized MP3 Music Files. In my case since I am running Windows I have the "Windows Media Player". You also need a Laptop or Desktop that has a read/write CD Disc Drive and lastly you need a USB Port to accept the Thumb Drive which you will transfer the Music CDs to.

THE PROCESS:
  • Get a thumb drive, view the format by right clicking on the drive and selecting Properties, the format of the Thumb Drive needs to be "FAT32". Add a Folder on the Thumb drive, name it whatever you want.
  • All I can talk to is a Windows Operating System, not apple. The Windows Operating System I have included "Windows Media Player". The Desktop I own has a read/write CD Drive and several a USB Ports for the Thumb drive insertion.
  • Open-up the Window Media Player, as it opens it will indicate: "Insert a disc into the Drive", you will insert the Music CD you want to copy to the Thumb drive. Once you insert the Music CD it will load-up in the Windows Media Player, you'll see the list of songs.
  • Look at the header information of the Windows Media Player, there you will see "Rip Settings", select that. Now select "More Options" to open another window. In the Rip Music Tab go down to the "Rip Music Location" and select the drive and the folder I told you to insert on the thumb drive, whatever you called it. Next check the Format setting to ensure it's "MP3" and lastly, for the Audio Quality Setting, drag the Blue Marker all the way to the right for the best quality setting. Once you do these things select OK on the Bottom.
  • Back to the Windows Media Player Window where it lists the files, at the top select "RIP CD" and it will take the Music CD's title, create a folder on the thumb drive and insert the songs listed.
  • You can do this one CD after another, the CDs will be copied over. As I was doing this I'd click on the drive and select properties to see how much room was left.
  • I purchased a USB-C Male Connector to a USB Drive "FEMALE" Connection. I plugged the Thumb drive in the USB Female end and plugged the USB-C Male into the '22 GLB in the center storage area between the seats.
  • The Thumb Drive immediately showed up in the GLB Media Display, I looked at the folders and everything was there.
  • My wife said "Hey Mercedes, play the (artist name) she wanted, and it started. You can look through the folders to see what is on the thumb drive and select it that way or as my wife discovered "Hey Mercedes".

Sorry for the long explanation, for those older like me, I have over 500 CDs from the 70s on up and unlike my '14 ML350BTC, the GLB didn't have a cd drive, turns-out it's even better with 35+ CD ripped on a thumb drive for easy playing.