Designo Diamond White - delayed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'19 E450 Wagon, 2 x '16 GLC 4matic
Designo Diamond White - delayed?

Hi -

We've been waiting like a year for orders to open up and got the call from our dealership on June 8th. We had previously emailed our salesman the option and package "wish list" based upon DOG - V.1 and he had blocked out the first car of their allotment immediately - last decade of September build. The configurator and pricing was finally posted last week and he plugged in our list. Everything good except it responded that Designo Diamond White was sold out for that build date. Same thing for their second slot, a November build - he had to go all the way to February before it "took" the color! We couldn't believe it sold out that quickly given its relative rarity, the cost, and how early we had placed the order so he checked some other lines - same thing in GLE's!! Our thoughts are that it's actually a delayed availability for some reason and that the computer didn't distinguish "delayed" from "sold out" but I'd be REALLY interested if anyone else has had a similar experience. Love the Platinum White/Black interior but there are not a lot of choices for complimentary exterior colors.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:55 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 GLK250BT, Polar White; 2016 GLE 300d, Polar White
Originally Posted by clonmel
Hi -

We've been waiting like a year for orders to open up and got the call from our dealership on June 8th. We had previously emailed our salesman the option and package "wish list" based upon DOG - V.1 ...
So, how we can see this DOG and prices?
Old 07-09-2015, 09:18 AM

Hi Alex -

In my case, I got both of them from my salesman (who's really terrific!) I have a hard fax copy of the DOG - not the greatest quality but certainly helpful. I'm somewhat "tech challenged" but I can try to scan it and post it here (unless you get to your local dealership first). As far as the configurator (which contains the pricing information) - that's a program which lives on your salesman's computer. As he specs out a car for you, it adds the price details and walks you through which packages and options conflict with one another, so I can't help you with that. The car we're buying, however, is VERY heavily optioned so I can help you with probably 90% of the pricing information. Tell me what options/packages you're looking for and I'll post them here.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:32 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 GLK250BT, Polar White; 2016 GLE 300d, Polar White
Hi Alex -

Tell me what options/packages you're looking for and I'll post them here.
I do not know GLC options availability, but based on my 2014 GLK250 I am not looking for too many options - just Premium without panoramic roof, lighting package, Garmin pre-wiring, hitch, regular white color with black inside, maybe upgraded wheels. I do not need much tech.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:03 PM

OK, here goes-

GLC 4Matic base price...$40,950; Premium Package (not a typo, minimal content)...$720; Air Balance...$350; designo Platinum White leather package...$1500; Power passenger seat...$430;Interior Package...$2500; Lighting Package...$1390; Multimedia Package...$2330; 48R Wheel package...$500; Sport package...$2950; Pano roof...$1480; Head up display...$990;Burmester Audio...$850; Advanced Park Assist...$1540; Driver assistance...$2800. BTW - it is officially designated as an "X253", not an "X205". There's also a "521 - Night Package" available but I didn't price it as I had no interest nor did I price the Air Suspension as my salesman told me it really was intended for off road use. There's also a heated steering wheel ($250), heated rear seats, a trailer package, and running boards as available options.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:05 PM

P1 only includes Keyless Go, puddle lamps, Sirius XM, and the 115 V outlet - that's why it's only $720.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
e350
I placed an order yesterday. Dealer said i had the last car available for an October build. However, two Packages would not "take" in their Order system: Interior Package and Sport Package.

Did you try to add these packages?

Dealer said he will try to add them (one or both) once MB is ready to build and they are allowed to make any final changes.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:03 PM

It "took" the interior package - As far as the Sport Package, I was mainly interested in which wheels were bundled with it so we spec'd it in the hopes that it would disclose the answer (the answer is none). It accepted the designation but then we cancelled and deleted it. The package is VERY expensive ($2950) and includes the following: 772 AMG Body Styling, UO9 MB Tex-Covered Dashboard, and the P31 Sport Package Exterior - that's it! The MB Tex-covered dash is absolutely *****in' - but you can get it as a free standing option without the AMG plastic bits ( no - I don't know the price, and it wasn't clear if it came with $1500 worth of Designo interior - there are still some unresolved mysteries in the DOG which will require a phone call from your dealer to Atlanta). As far as wheels are concerned, there also don't seem to be any published illustrations in the factory literature yet although you can make some educated guesses from other product lines and pre-production photos. These questions should be answered as production ramps up and successive DOG's are published. Congratulations on your car! Color?
Old 07-09-2015, 09:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
e350
It "took" the interior package - As far as the Sport Package, I was mainly interested in which wheels were bundled with it so we spec'd it in the hopes that it would disclose the answer (the answer is none). It accepted the designation but then we cancelled and deleted it. The package is VERY expensive ($2950) and includes the following: 772 AMG Body Styling, UO9 MB Tex-Covered Dashboard, and the P31 Sport Package Exterior - that's it! The MB Tex-covered dash is absolutely *****in' - but you can get it as a free standing option without the AMG plastic bits ( no - I don't know the price, and it wasn't clear if it came with $1500 worth of Designo interior - there are still some unresolved mysteries in the DOG which will require a phone call from your dealer to Atlanta). As far as wheels are concerned, there also don't seem to be any published illustrations in the factory literature yet although you can make some educated guesses from other product lines and pre-production photos. These questions should be answered as production ramps up and successive DOG's are published. Congratulations on your car! Color?

Thanks! Black on black. I have the full order guide on PDF. I will post the link.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 GLK250 Bluetec
Originally Posted by JSandro
Thanks! Black on black. I have the full order guide on PDF. I will post the link.
Please do...
Old 08-21-2015, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes W205 C180 Amg, Mercedes X205 GLC250 4MATIC Exclusive
i gave my order luxury pack r39 19'' rims polar white interior espresso braun-black