GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Ride height adjustment in U.S.?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Escape
Question Ride height adjustment in U.S.?

After researching the GLC several weeks, I came to the conclusion that it was the perfect car for me. It's got everything - good looks, lovely interior, awesome interior and a great balance of off-road and on road features. But now I'm not so sure...

The reviews show that the GLC with air suspension can raise it up to two inches. And the U.S. version has air suspension. So the U.S. version has air suspension. So the U.S. version with air suspension can raise two inches. Right? Right?!?

After reading reviews in detail, it looks like I'm probably wrong - no off-road capability. Anyone have info on this?

Thanks,

Dan.

Last edited by Dan_public; 07-31-2015 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA 250
GLC has surprisingly good off road capability, my salesman drove a pre-production GLC and says he liked it better than G Wagen off road. Air suspension raises vehicle up for more ground clearance. Click on vid below.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:16 AM

Ford Escape
Originally Posted by dreamerak
GLC has surprisingly good off road capability, my salesman drove a pre-production GLC and says he liked it better than G Wagen off road. Air suspension raises vehicle up for more ground clearance. Click on vid below.

â–º 2016 Mercedes GLC - OFFROAD TESTING - YouTube
Dreamer,

That's a European model. The question is whether the American model will also raise it two inches?

For me, it's not just curiosity. I'm getting ready to place an order.

Regards,

Dan
Old 07-22-2015, 09:58 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 GLK250BT, Polar White; 2016 GLE 300d, Polar White
Originally Posted by Dan_public
Somebody on https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...e-delayed.html tread promised to publish DOG, maybe something listed there...

As a side note the http://www.caranddriver.com/mercedes-benz/glc-class
article states "The GLC250d has a diesel engine—the tip-off is its little ‘d’—and it will arrive here in late 2016 with GLC300d badging.", but that is about diesel availability, which I wait.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:01 AM

Ford Escape
Originally Posted by Alex Bel
Somebody on https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...e-delayed.html tread promised to publish DOG, maybe something listed there...

As a side note the http://www.caranddriver.com/mercedes-benz/glc-class
article states "The GLC250d has a diesel engine—the tip-off is its little ‘d’—and it will arrive here in late 2016 with GLC300d badging.", but that is about diesel availability, which I wait.
Alex,

Thanks for the link. There's a mention of the air suspension and off-roading, but nothing about specific about the US air suspension.

Here's the issue: Off roading is a MAJOR theme in virtually ALL of the European GLC videos. But...

Multiple reviews and articles state that the US will NOT get the "off-roading" package. Further, in the ordering guide that my salesman gave me (dated 7/2/2015), there is NOTHING about off-road capabilities. There's lots of info on other major features, but nothing about raising the car 2 inches. NOTHING!

If it is a major benefit (it is to me) that is hyped in all the articles and videos, why is it not in the ordering guide? I expect to spend $60K plus and wait at least four months to get the car. It would be completely irrational to make that kind of committment without knowing exactly what I'm getting.

Note that I've asked these questions to my sales rep and he is researching them with MB corporate. We're both still waiting for an answer. The fact that it's taking this long to get the answer to this and a few other simple questions is telling, IMO.

Regards,

Dan.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:02 PM

CLA 250
Dreamer,

That's a European model. The question is whether the American model will also raise it two inches?

Regards,

Dan
Call Scott at MB of Bellevue, he has already driven a GLC off road.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:18 PM

Ford Escape
Scott is my salesman. And, as far as I know, ALL of the cars driven were European models. I just want to know what WE are getting.

Last edited by Dan_public; 07-22-2015 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:38 AM

CLA 250
Scott is my salesman. And, as far as I know, ALL of the cars driven were European models. I just want to know what WE are getting.

My wife and i spoke to him last sunday, he told us the dealership has already ordered a few GLC's, so he must know the USA specs, also told us he went to Alabama to drive the new GLC, can't imagine MB would ship EU spec cars to USA to introduce to USA sales staff. When speaking to him about the GLC Air Matic suspension, about how it raised up for additional ground clearance, and we would definitely want that, he never indicated it wouldn't be available in USA. Guess i need to call him tomorrow. Hopefully we see a order guide soon...
Old 07-23-2015, 10:07 AM

Ford Escape
Originally Posted by dreamerak
My wife and i spoke to him last sunday, he told us the dealership has already ordered a few GLC's, so he must know the USA specs, also told us he went to Alabama to drive the new GLC, can't imagine MB would ship EU spec cars to USA to introduce to USA sales staff. When speaking to him about the GLC Air Matic suspension, about how it raised up for additional ground clearance, and we would definitely want that, he never indicated it wouldn't be available in USA. Guess i need to call him tomorrow. Hopefully we see a order guide soon...
Dreamerak,

I don't know what the problem is, but I'm not getting details from Scott. And he did NOT tell me that he had driven a GLC. I'm not sure what your interest level is, but it's very important to me. (I decided against a BMW X3 because you can't get one with the good sport seat AND decent ground clearance. Dumb marketing, IMO.)

More importantly, I requested a quote from him a couple weeks ago and have received nothing so far. Obviously I can't order a car without knowing what I'm getting and what it costs.

I'd much rather buy from the dealership in Bellevue because it's less than 2 miles from my house, but I'm getting tired of waiting. I'm contacting the dealers in Seattle and Lynnwood to see if they are interested in taking my order.

Dan.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:55 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 GLK250BT, Polar White; 2016 GLE 300d, Polar White
I do no know, but (http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...c-first-drive/) states that -" Sadly, one of the awesomest of the ways the GLC does in the wagon's verboten mystique won't be coming to the U.S.: the Offroad Package"
Old 07-23-2015, 11:34 PM

Ford Escape
Originally Posted by Alex Bel
I do no know, but (http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...c-first-drive/) states that -" Sadly, one of the awesomest of the ways the GLC does in the wagon's verboten mystique won't be coming to the U.S.: the Offroad Package"
Alex,

That is precisely my concern. If that's the case, what the heck does Airmatic give us other than the ability to adjust the ride a bit?

Thanks,

Dan.

Last edited by Dan_public; 07-23-2015 at 11:38 PM.