GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Pre-order Discounts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 01:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLK350, M3 ZCP
Pre-order Discounts?

New to the forum here so I hope some of you may be able to help.

Are dealerships offering pre-order discounts on the GLC300 yet? Or is everyone paying/negotiating near-MSRP prices?

Located in the Midwest (US). We are looking to replace a 2012 GLK350 as the warranty is expiring this month. Not willing to pay full-MSRP, but we're also not expecting huge discounts like the C-class buyers are achieving now. Having said that, this vehicle is not a Range Rover or Porsche so discounts should still be feasible IMO. However, I'm not in-tune with Mercedes dealerships as much as I am with BMW, Acura, Lexus, etc.

Any advice or input would be appreciated. If there's already a price discussion thread somewhere please post it here if you don't mind!

Aaron
Old 10-12-2015, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 335i
Originally Posted by OhioRiderAaron
New to the forum here so I hope some of you may be able to help.

Are dealerships offering pre-order discounts on the GLC300 yet? Or is everyone paying/negotiating near-MSRP prices?

Located in the Midwest (US). We are looking to replace a 2012 GLK350 as the warranty is expiring this month. Not willing to pay full-MSRP, but we're also not expecting huge discounts like the C-class buyers are achieving now. Having said that, this vehicle is not a Range Rover or Porsche so discounts should still be feasible IMO. However, I'm not in-tune with Mercedes dealerships as much as I am with BMW, Acura, Lexus, etc.

Any advice or input would be appreciated. If there's already a price discussion thread somewhere please post it here if you don't mind!

Aaron
I guess only time will tell how much these new GLC's will be discounted. I did a nationwide search on Autotrader and two dealers have GLC 300's listed for sale. I'm assuming it's what they have on order and on its way for November.

I do not expect huge discounts like the C's have been getting but I also will not pay MSRP for a car that will be flooding the market soon.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 BMW 435i Coupe
I was going to buy the c class until I found out the glc will be coming out. Got 13 percent off msrp on the c class. Same dealership telling me he can only do 5 percent on the glc for now.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:44 AM

GLK350, M3 ZCP
Originally Posted by reddemon73
I was going to buy the c class until I found out the glc will be coming out. Got 13 percent off msrp on the c class. Same dealership telling me he can only do 5 percent on the glc for now.
Thanks for the replies!

13% off on the C is impressive. Once my Lexus lease is up I may have to look into C450/C300 for myself.

5% seems reasonable to me for a newly released vehicle from MB. We test drove a few Mercedes this past week and the salesman was pretty adamant that negotiations will be limited on the GLC. Understandable I suppose, but 4-6% off should still be possible IMO. I'll probably go ahead and email a few other dealers this week to get a better idea of the wiggle room.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:56 PM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 Mercedes-AMG GLC43
Originally Posted by OhioRiderAaron
We are looking to replace a 2012 GLK350 as the warranty is expiring this month.
Is Mercedes reliability so bad that you want to dump a 3 year old car?
Old 10-15-2015, 01:08 PM

GLK350, M3 ZCP
Originally Posted by FrostyZoob
Is Mercedes reliability so bad that you want to dump a 3 year old car?
No not at all. Aside from a finicky low-beam bulb the car has been very reliable since 2011 (when she got it). Vehicles from 2013+ are overall much nicer than previous generations though. Comfort, refinement, technology, safety, and performance. The GLK350 is a nice vehicle, but rides harshly, has lots of road/wind noise, lacks advanced safety features, and gets mediocre gas mileage by comparison. However, I don't expect anything major to go wrong with it either, the V6 seems to be very reliable. All cars are going to be risky after the warranty expires, BMW, Lexus, Audi, Acura, etc. I'd would rather put that potential repair money towards a new vehicle with a new warranty.

Last edited by OhioRiderAaron; 10-15-2015 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Current: '19 E450 Cabriolet - Past: '19 C300 Coupe, '12 SLK350, '16 E350, '14 C250 (x2), '09 CLK350
The GLC will have tremendous demand, especially in suburban areas (like where I live) where GLKs are a dime a dozen. Turned in GLKs are crowding dealer lots like crazy around here. I wouldn't expect big discounts on it until late 2016, early 2017.

I don't know if I'd bite on the deals for C classes right now...I will consider it next year but still too many kinks in the W205 dept...quality issues abound. And crossing my fingers they'll integrate the nav better in the refresh