AMG Line: choose sport suspension or not

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GLC 250d
AMG Line: choose sport suspension or not

Hi all,

I'm new so sorry if this looks like a trivial question. I have ordered my GLC and one of the options was AMG exterior. Now, I have driven 2 versions in drive tests: ABC or sport suspension. The later comes as a default with AMG exterior, however I can drop it in favor of the standard suspension. In my drive test I had 20" rims and sport suspension and it seemed kind of rigid, but it steered nicely on tighter turns.
I've also seen a lot of people recommending standard suspension against sport one due to being not so rigid/stiff.
My question is: if i ordered amg ext and 19"rims and sport suspension, is it going to be just similarly rigid as the larger 20" or slightly softer? Should I drop sport suspension for the default (I can still change my order, delivery is scheduled on April)?

Thanks
Old 11-09-2015, 09:08 AM

Mercedes W205 C180 Amg, Mercedes X205 GLC250 4MATIC Exclusive
Originally Posted by AndreiG
Hi all,

I'm new so sorry if this looks like a trivial question. I have ordered my GLC and one of the options was AMG exterior. Now, I have driven 2 versions in drive tests: ABC or sport suspension. The later comes as a default with AMG exterior, however I can drop it in favor of the standard suspension. In my drive test I had 20" rims and sport suspension and it seemed kind of rigid, but it steered nicely on tighter turns.
I've also seen a lot of people recommending standard suspension against sport one due to being not so rigid/stiff.
My question is: if i ordered amg ext and 19"rims and sport suspension, is it going to be just similarly rigid as the larger 20" or slightly softer? Should I drop sport suspension for the default (I can still change my order, delivery is scheduled on April)?

Thanks
If i were you i would not choose AMG in this car. Sport suspension should be very stiff especially with runflats. We configured our car exclusive exterior 18 wheels non runflat tyres. it is smarter than AMG version.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:17 AM

Mercedes GLC 250d
Thanks for the suggestion ardadoruk83. I have chosen 19 inch and non runflat tyres which should be softer than the tested 20" and (i believe) runflats. i'm still thinking how to do it, but mostly it involves another test drive, as the irrational factor of looks still wins for me and I'd like to keep AMG line.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Thanks for the suggestion ardadoruk83. I have chosen 19 inch and non runflat tyres which should be softer than the tested 20" and (i believe) runflats. i'm still thinking how to do it, but mostly it involves another test drive, as the irrational factor of looks still wins for me and I'd like to keep AMG line.
To me, at least on the US based GLC, the non-sport look wins over the sport. Whereas on the C300, I think sport looks better than non-sport. Our GLC is not coming in Sport trim. We didn't think the price for you get was worth it.

You're lucky you can order non-run flats. In the US we don't get that option at all.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:23 AM

Your car will be great without runflats. When did you order your car and when are you going to recieve your GLC? ( And which country?)
Old 11-10-2015, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw
To me, at least on the US based GLC, the non-sport look wins over the sport. Whereas on the C300, I think sport looks better than non-sport. Our GLC is not coming in Sport trim. We didn't think the price for you get was worth it.

You're lucky you can order non-run flats. In the US we don't get that option at all.
I am totally agree with you
Old 11-15-2015, 07:17 PM

Mercedes GLC 250d
Originally Posted by ardadoruk83
Your car will be great without runflats. When did you order your car and when are you going to recieve your GLC? ( And which country?)
I ordered around 20.10.2015, Switzerland, and delivery date was not precisely given to me, it was stated as April.