GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Price Negotiation for either In-Stock or Custom Order

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:03 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2016 GLC300 4Matic
CharlestownMB, you definitely sound like a thrifty New Englander to me. I spent the early years of my career in MA and ME and very much enjoyed it. Also, you seem to have mastered the art of wise car buying -- buy a well-built car with cash and keep it for several years. I subscribe to that philosophy. After all, isn't longevity potential one of the reasons for buying an expensive Mercedes? My GLC replaces my 04 C240 4Matic wagon. I had the lighting package in my wagon but opted out for the GLC. The GLC package does not include headlight washers if that matters to you.

Only you can really decide what options are important to you. I can tell you this much: (A) Some options are definitely not worth the price. (B) Front seat heaters for your New England winters can be ordered as a stand-alone option. (C) After an extensive test drive, again, only you can determine if rear visibility is suitable for you. For me, not a problem, and the backup camera system is fantastic. Good luck.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300
Originally Posted by eliontakis
I have no idea why anyone on here isn't rushing to close a deal under invoice if it's offered there. Dont waste your time talking about the deal you were offered. Post pics and details after you close. This is a ground up, brand new vehicle. Best in class, as well. Any dealer offering it there to you, out of the gate, with little or no negotiation, is dumb as sh*t.

Offer under invoice to an out of state buyer who has no loyalty to you? Hell even in state, dumb dumb dumb. (unless, I suppose, they are lending to you at sub prime rates). Take advantage of that if it is, in fact, an actual offer.

I shot one of the dealers an email someone PM'd to me and no response whatsoever, for whatever that's worth. I'm theoretically someone you should want to sell cars to. Knows exactly what they want. Can close the deal a number of ways. Wiling to act immediately. And I'm closing on a GLC and GLS550 in the next 90-120 days. If you're a dealer and knowing all those facts you choose to wind me when I reach out to you, your offer prob isn't legitimate, I've found. Might end up being the case for some of you if you come across a killer offer. Hopefully not though
Well I totally agree with you.
I wanted to keep my build simple... Base GLC 300 black in and out, with p1 package, heated seats, blind spot, Burmester speakers.
Luckily I found the exact same config at MB Laguna Niguel. Was offered a discount arnd 9% below MSRP of 42700.

I went ahead with it and a proud owner of a new "HOT" Benz SUV GLC 300

Note:
I was a first time MB customer. Got my own finance. No trade-in.
Well I did not get any mats or other extra Blings... Expect for the 5 star service from MBLN.
I had similar discounts from MB-Escondido as well.

May be I turned lucky to get that much discount... May be year end !!

My new Black Beauty
Old 01-03-2016, 02:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
'17 GLC 300 4matic
Looks like you are a winner all around...congrats.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:50 AM

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
--
Originally Posted by abhayms
Well I totally agree with you.
I wanted to keep my build simple... Base GLC 300 black in and out, with p1 package, heated seats, blind spot, Burmester speakers.
Luckily I found the exact same config at MB Laguna Niguel. Was offered a discount arnd 9% below MSRP of 42700.

I went ahead with it and a proud owner of a new "HOT" Benz SUV GLC 300

Note:
I was a first time MB customer. Got my own finance. No trade-in.
Well I did not get any mats or other extra Blings... Expect for the 5 star service from MBLN.
I had similar discounts from MB-Escondido as well.

May be I turned lucky to get that much discount... May be year end !!

My new Black Beauty
Congrats great looking ride
Old 01-04-2016, 08:43 AM

MB GLC300
Hello everyone! New member here... Just wanted to share my GLC journey.

I had ordered a GLA with options I wanted but when it arrived at the Southern California dealer from Germany this past week after 3 months of waiting, I felt that I should at least look at a GLC. Well, I fell in love with the GLC. For my GLA budget, absolute musts and based on what the dealership had coz I was not leaving without a Mercedes: I got a GLC 300 selenite grey, premium package, blind spot assist and Burmester speakers for $500 above invoice which my really nice salesman said was the best they could do. Financed through our credit union. Went through Costco pricing but sadly their recent deals exclude discounts on 2016 GLC 300s or GLA 250s although they did offer discounts on warranties and I got the tire insurance.

Rbrylaw, thanks for the tip on where to get a great extended warranty deal - glad it's also in LA County where I live. I was on the fence about it but based on my needs and posts from here, it seems like I should get one.

This was my first luxury car and I'm on cloud 9 right now.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 328 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by tigerflip

I had ordered a GLA with options I wanted but when it arrived at the Southern California dealer from Germany this past week after 3 months of waiting, I felt that I should at least look at a GLC. Well, I fell in love with the GLC. For my GLA budget, absolute musts and based on what the dealership had coz I was not leaving without a Mercedes: I got a GLC 300 selenite grey, premium package, blind spot assist and Burmester speakers for $500 above invoice which my really nice salesman said was the best they could do. Financed through our credit union. Went through Costco pricing but sadly their recent deals exclude discounts on 2016 GLC 300s or GLA 250s although they did offer discounts on warranties and I got the tire insurance.

Rbrylaw, thanks for the tip on where to get a great extended warranty deal - glad it's also in LA County where I live. I was on the fence about it but based on my needs and posts from here, it seems like I should get one.

Congratulations! We too had ordered a GLA250 at the same time we ordered my C300 Sport. Our dealer suggested we hold off on the GLA until the GLC's came and we're really glad we did. The GLC is simply awesome. I'm glad you'll take advantage of the Extended Warranty with Marc Rose. He's a great guy and will take great care of you.

Pics are mandatory, btw!
Old 01-04-2016, 02:30 PM

2016 GLCC 4Matic and 2005 C240 4Matic, sold 2003 C230 4Matic and traded 2002 C230 4Matic
Thanks to all who replied. I agree it's all up to me, but given that most of the usual suspects on the internet car websites contain largely dealer-fed data rather than actual user experience with new model, I value the opinions and personal experiences of those on this forum far more!! Congrats too to you newbies who can relate to my MB SUV quest, although I am a longtime Mercedes and luxury owner, I too checked out the GLA and rejected it quite quickly in favor GLC (I did waiver a while on GLK loaners but have never bought a used car and prefer not to start now). You recent folks provided me a good sense of the 9% below MSRP and the $500 over invoice range, albeit from the CA perspective.

Any further MA/NewEngland pricing/negotiation input?

For all, how do I get a hold of an actual (not dealer mock-up) Invoice re: base & options as well as a sense of holdback, incentives et al.?? I've seen such on older models in Consumer Reports and car industry mags/sites but not yet found for GLC300.

I read on a different thread that invoice pricing has now settled from the initial ramp up & delivery, so I imagine something must be out there floating around?

Again, my thanks to all and best wishes for a happy, healthy & smooth riding new year!
Old 01-05-2016, 03:40 AM

GLC 300

If you don't mind... Could you please share for how much did u get the tire insurance for? Going through Costco saved you lot? Did you have to negotiate? Which dealer ?

Thanks
Old 01-05-2016, 12:50 PM

MB GLC300
Smile

Attachment 322686
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
Congratulations! We too had ordered a GLA250 at the same time we ordered my C300 Sport. Our dealer suggested we hold off on the GLA until the GLC's came and we're really glad we did. The GLC is simply awesome. I'm glad you'll take advantage of the Extended Warranty with Marc Rose. He's a great guy and will take great care of you.

Pics are mandatory, btw!
Thanks again rbrylaw! Will def give Marc a call and, if needed, come see him in the next week or 2.

Sorry for the bad iPhone pic, haven't had a chance to give my car the decent pictorial that it deserves.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:01 PM

MB GLC300
Smile

Originally Posted by abhayms
If you don't mind... Could you please share for how much did u get the tire insurance for? Going through Costco saved you lot? Did you have to negotiate? Which dealer ?

Thanks
Don't mind at all...

As mentioned, Costco did not have any discount on 2016 GLCs but finance guy said dealership's premier prepaid maintenance 4yr/40k ($1375) + 5yr tire and wheel protection ($1620) was the Costco rate for the maintenance + 2yr tire and wheel protection. Supposedly, I paid $2995 total instead of $5455. Finance guy also said the rate he quoted me for extended warranties were Costco rates but I could tell you it looks like Rbrylaw's tip (Marc Rosen of WI Simonton in Santa Monica) will significantly beat that Costco rate.

As a woman who knows next to nothing about cars, having my car financed by my credit union and buying this hot new car, I'm not really sure I'm a good negotiator so at least Costco may have helped me in that aspect.

My dealer was MB Encino
Old 01-05-2016, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Attachment 322686

Thanks again rbrylaw! Will def give Marc a call and, if needed, come see him in the next week or 2.

Sorry for the bad iPhone pic, haven't had a chance to give my car the decent pictorial that it deserves.

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thanks for posting a picture of your great new ride. Marc will take good care of you for sure!
Old 01-05-2016, 08:41 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
Anyone in here lives in Toronto & GTA ?
What was your discount when you purchase the GLC?
I've got a 2% discount offer and I don't think it's good enough.
Please do share the info (PM me if you prefer).
Thanks.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:31 PM

2013 GLK 350, 2016 GLC 300
Originally Posted by ble2716
Anyone in here lives in Toronto & GTA ?
What was your discount when you purchase the GLC?
I've got a 2% discount offer and I don't think it's good enough.
Please do share the info (PM me if you prefer).
Thanks.
ble2716 The Canadian market is much different than the US market in terms of pricing and discounting, so don't get discouraged if you're not finding these awesome 8%-10% south-of-the-border discounts that you read about here. I'm an American, in sales for a living, more than happy to negotiate, and live in Vancouver- so when looking for my first Canadian-market car, I definitely brought my American "A" game when searching for the best possible deal on a GLC (call me crazy but I actually love the negotiating).

I took salesmen at five Vancouver and Victoria dealerships through the ringer and I'm confident that I got the best they could (or would at this time) possibly do- and that was just under 3%. FYI at least out here on the west coast the stated dealership profits are about $2200-$2400 per GLC plus a few other line items you can uncover. There are some dealerships that seriously lard things up- I couldn't believe what one guy was telling me had to be included and added like $7k over any comparable offer I had- but by and large I think if you get close to 3% that might be the discount ceiling you;ll find right now. Hope that helps, good luck.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:49 AM

Very very slow
Thanks ET42 for sharing your experience.
I am too noticed the same experience.
Canadian dealers won't give much discounts, I guess because the Canadian market is much smaller than in the US.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks ET42 for sharing your experience.
I am too noticed the same experience.
Canadian dealers won't give much discounts, I guess because the Canadian market is much smaller than in the US.
Or maybe it's because you guys pay less for your cars than we do?
Old 01-07-2016, 10:04 AM

Very very slow
Or maybe it's because you guys pay less for your cars than we do?
Canadian MSRP for base price is $44950 CAD vs $38950 USD.

Last edited by ble2716; 01-07-2016 at 10:04 AM. Reason: info
Old 01-07-2016, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Canadian MSRP for base price is $44950 CAD vs $38950 USD.
Yes, and your 44,950 = 31,960. So again, you pay less for your cars than we do.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:13 PM

Yes, and your 44,950 = 31,960. So again, you pay less for your cars than we do.
Canadians pay less than Americans do NOW. For a long time though it was the other way around, and plenty of sharp people headed south to make a car purchase (apparently there were a few hurdles but it really wasn't too much of a hassle).

With the C$ tanking in a historic way over the past year, the situation has reversed. Frankly I'm not sure I would have considered a brand new car otherwise (my '13 GLK350 was actually a fleet car with around 5k miles when I bought it), but with the fX rates the way they are, it made all the sense in the world. Even the 3- or 4-year maintenance-free options and possibly the extended warranty look like bargains, and I typically don't pick up either of those.

It's really luck of the draw depending upon which way the currency values flow, but fortunately they don't re-price cars every day based on exchange rates- so as long as it continues to head in the right direction it's a great opportunity to save on a new MB.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:22 PM

"Yes, and your 44,950 = 31,960. So again, you pay less for your cars than we do."

Exactly; case in point: a year ago today, that C$44,950 was worth about US$38,130. The various packages are more limited (although we do get some cool options that I don't think exist in the US, like a Brown Ashwood Trim that to me just screams 'Canada'), but financially it's a great time to buy Canadian.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ET42
"Yes, and your 44,950 = 31,960. So again, you pay less for your cars than we do."

Exactly; case in point: a year ago today, that C$44,950 was worth about US$38,130. The various packages are more limited (although we do get some cool options that I don't think exist in the US, like a Brown Ashwood Trim that to me just screams 'Canada'), but financially it's a great time to buy Canadian.
Trust me, I'm happy for you'z guy'z! I am.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:46 PM

Very very slow
I sure didn't take the currency exchange rate in to the equation.
If I can get 10% discount like in the US ($3196 USD which is around $4500 CAD) then I am a happy camper.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:55 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
2016 volkswagen beetle
I don't see us getting any sort of a deal. This car is so hot right now that they can't keep them on the lot long enough to put an ad on the internet. I haven't seen any on the road yet though.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:01 PM

2016 volkswagen beetle
I don't see us getting any sort of a deal. This car is so hot right now that they can't keep them on the lot long enough to put an ad on the internet. I haven't seen any on the road yet though.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:07 PM

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
--
Interesting that a dealer and salesman that closed one at 8-10% off to someone in these forums offered one at 500 off of msrp to me. The car went from ice cold to smoking hot at that dealership in a matter of days. Epic turnaround in sentiment for the car! We are talking Bosox coming back from down 3-0 in the 9th to take the ALCS from the Yanks.

Was dealer cost significantly better in December as part of their Winter Event? 1000s of dollars cheaper? I wouldn't think it would be but who knows. Maybe the way Winter Events go is that MBUSA gives a dealer a total amount of money to work with and allocate however they'd like across all vehicles they sell. That's the only way I can rationalize a dealer taking 4K off of a 50k vehicle one week, and 500 dollars the next.

Im gonna stick with my longstanding relationship out here and lock in 4%-5% off and call it a day. Gonna be tough to do better in NJ/NY, I think.

Last edited by bonboon; 01-07-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:05 PM

2016 volkswagen beetle
Originally Posted by eliontakis
Interesting that a dealer and salesman that closed one at 8-10% off to someone in these forums offered one at 500 off of msrp to me. The car went from ice cold to smoking hot at that dealership in a matter of days. Epic turnaround in sentiment for the car! We are talking Bosox coming back from down 3-0 in the 9th to take the ALCS from the Yanks.

Was dealer cost significantly better in December as part of their Winter Event? 1000s of dollars cheaper? I wouldn't think it would be but who knows. Maybe the way Winter Events go is that MBUSA gives a dealer a total amount of money to work with and allocate however they'd like across all vehicles they sell. That's the only way I can rationalize a dealer taking 4K off of a 50k vehicle one week, and 500 dollars the next.

Im gonna stick with my longstanding relationship out here and lock in 4%-5% off and call it a day. Gonna be tough to do better in NJ/NY, I think.
They've been hot at Mercedes Benz of tucson where I live since the day it hit the lot.

Last edited by TSchuettinger; 01-07-2016 at 10:07 PM. Reason: I mispelled

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Quick Reply: Price Negotiation for either In-Stock or Custom Order