GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Unsure about buying the new GLC??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 12:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 GLC 4Matic
Unsure about buying the new GLC??

I haven't ordered my GLC yet but I will be shortly. I might post my option list as others have done. A couple of months ago I decided to upgrade my 2012 ML Bluetec to the new GLE diesel... until I heard about the GLC. I like the larger size of the GLE, and I wish the GLC had a diesel option right now, but after that there is no comparison in my opinion. The GLC technology is way ahead of the GLE.

I have read numerous GLC reviews and all of the Mercedes announcements and brochures and they are informative. However, if you are sitting on the fence about whether or not the GLC is right for you, read the complete Mercedes-Benz press release from last June and yes, it is "old news."

The press release is not for the feint-of-heart, it is 25 pages long with a lot of detail and favors those interested in the technology versus style (and there is nothing wrong with style). It is buried in the mbusa website. You have to click the "more" button at the end of the first page to access the entire document. I think it is quite compelling. If I were an MB sales person, I'd print out copies to give to my customers, some of them anyway.

The document title is: "Mercedes Benz GLC World Premier"

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/about...00ccec1e35____

Al
Old 12-21-2015, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
We never had an unsure moment getting the GLC. And we didn't even drive one until we had already signed the papers for the one we bought. It's simply a stunning car in every way.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:44 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 BMW 230ix convertible, 2018 GLC300
Originally Posted by awjenni
I haven't ordered my GLC yet but I will be shortly. I might post my option list as others have done. A couple of months ago I decided to upgrade my 2012 ML Bluetec to the new GLE diesel... until I heard about the GLC. I like the larger size of the GLE, and I wish the GLC had a diesel option right now, but after that there is no comparison in my opinion. The GLC technology is way ahead of the GLE.

I have read numerous GLC reviews and all of the Mercedes announcements and brochures and they are informative. However, if you are sitting on the fence about whether or not the GLC is right for you, read the complete Mercedes-Benz press release from last June and yes, it is "old news."

The press release is not for the feint-of-heart, it is 25 pages long with a lot of detail and favors those interested in the technology versus style (and there is nothing wrong with style). It is buried in the mbusa website. You have to click the "more" button at the end of the first page to access the entire document. I think it is quite compelling. If I were an MB sales person, I'd print out copies to give to my customers, some of them anyway.

The document title is: "Mercedes Benz GLC World Premier"

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/about...00ccec1e35____

Al
The GLC is perfect if you don't need a large cargo area. It is smaller
in capacity than the X3 and Q5. We needed a lot of cargo area and went with the GLE 300d. We are so pleased with its technology, ease of loading, and mpg. We are getting close to 40 mpg on highway driving. If the GLC had a larger cargo area, we might have considered it.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC 250D
Originally Posted by William Kayen
The GLC is perfect if you don't need a large cargo area. It is smaller
in capacity than the X3 and Q5. We needed a lot of cargo area and went with the GLE 300d. We are so pleased with its technology, ease of loading, and mpg. We are getting close to 40 mpg on highway driving. If the GLC had a larger cargo area, we might have considered it.
Only the cargo area is bigger?
Is the seating interior of the GLE not much bigger than the GLC?
Old 12-22-2015, 06:40 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 BMW 230ix convertible, 2018 GLC300
Seating area is much bigger. Car is 6 inches longer. At 6'2" it's nice getting into a roomier vehicle.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:41 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 BMW X6 - Soon to be GLC300 4M
The GLE interior feels like my X6 for interior roominess (front seats)