GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Experience with Wax products

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 10:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 GLC 300 4MATIC (previously 2004 CLK CAB)
Experience with Wax products

My GLC is arriving next month and I am debating what type of wax to get put on it. In the past I have had a wax put on my Mercedes every 6 months however; now I am considering a hard wax product i.e. CQuartz Cermaic that lasts for two years.

Does anyone have any experience with any hard wax products?
Old 12-27-2015, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Lot's of advice here - this is what I recommend to my folks

When one of my customers asks - see the attached for my recommendation..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Swade Mercedes Shine and Care.pdf (218.4 KB, 264 views)
Old 12-28-2015, 12:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 GLC 300 4MATIC (previously 2004 CLK CAB)
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
When one of my customers asks - see the attached for my recommendation..
Thanks however; I am looking for a product that lasts two years.
Old 12-28-2015, 01:09 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
'16 GL550, '12 C350
I use Klasse wax. Been using this wax on my cars for 20+ years.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
As part of the new car deal, my dealer coated my car with ResistAll a Ceramic paint sealant and interior treatment as well. It's supposed to mean I won't have to wax my car for 7 years. There is a box that came with it with touch ups you can do periodically. I don't know if the claims for ceramic nano finishes are true, but I have to say that all I have to do is hose off my car and the dirt just falls off. I'm not sure I would have paid for it as these ceramic coating systems are pricey, but I am thus far very impressed.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
There are those that will "swear-by" their expensive exterior treatment - EVERY dealer offers a protective treatment - which is a wipe-on/wipe-off product - and EVERY dealer treatment I have seen "requires" maintenance/reapplication every 6 months - and NO maintenance application is not done n/c at the dealer - but is DIY by the owner, and often the maintenance application kit costs extra each time..

Now - specialty detail shops offer their own specialty Protection - some wipe-on and wipe-off and some multi-layer including a buff layer - and it is not uncommon for that specialty detail shop to offer "some" free maintenance - but also often like dealer treatments - 6 month maintenance and often charges something for the pack or the application.

Sure - "extra" shine and protection can be Ego-Tastic.

Frankly less than $30 in the right wipe-on-wipe-off product will last 4 applications 6 months apart - and if you are keen - do the Glanzwax sealant - then pick your own hard-core Carnuba for a buff top-coat... and you are still WAY AHEAD of the game.

Keep the beat !
Old 12-29-2015, 12:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC 250D
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
There are those that will "swear-by" their expensive exterior treatment - EVERY dealer offers a protective treatment - which is a wipe-on/wipe-off product - and EVERY dealer treatment I have seen "requires" maintenance/reapplication every 6 months - and NO maintenance application is not done n/c at the dealer - but is DIY by the owner, and often the maintenance application kit costs extra each time..

Now - specialty detail shops offer their own specialty Protection - some wipe-on and wipe-off and some multi-layer including a buff layer - and it is not uncommon for that specialty detail shop to offer "some" free maintenance - but also often like dealer treatments - 6 month maintenance and often charges something for the pack or the application.

Sure - "extra" shine and protection can be Ego-Tastic.

Frankly less than $30 in the right wipe-on-wipe-off product will last 4 applications 6 months apart - and if you are keen - do the Glanzwax sealant - then pick your own hard-core Carnuba for a buff top-coat... and you are still WAY AHEAD of the game.

Keep the beat !
Can't seem to find the glanzwax. That Amazon link is dead.