GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

LED lighting experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 06:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 GLC 300 4, 2014 Nissan Leaf
LED lighting experience

For anyone who has already taken delivery, how do you like your LED headlights in terms of road coverage, brightness, etc?
Old 02-16-2016, 12:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC300 4Matic
I think it will probably be the brightest set of headlights you've ever experience. I have the ILS (Intelligent Light System)
Old 02-16-2016, 05:36 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
GLE 350D GLC 250D, Previous vehicles W204, W164, W163, W210 & W202
The intelligent light system LED's are fantastic. They are an improvement over xenon's.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 GL450
We have them on our GLC. They are a must have For us and should be a standard feature. There is no comparison to the standard lights.

I have bi-xenon on on my GL. I agree that the LED are an improvement.
The following users liked this post:
przmslw (01-15-2017)
Old 02-16-2016, 04:07 PM

GLC 250
First time I have LEDs in a car so I am not sure how they compare to other brands or anything like that - but I am finding the ILS to be absolutely awesome.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not applicable
Without lighting package, GLC only comes with standard Halogen light. Not even the HID. Honestly I disagree Mercedes such spec. arrangement especially it's a luxury brand.

I still have time to change my build list, but I am quite hesitating to spend on this $1,500 package. I live in San Francisco bay area and maybe 95% of my driving will not have an environment really dark. In bay area, traffic everywhere as well as road lamp. Not really have some places in very very dark and need strong light. (at least on my driving route)

My wife won't allow me to spend more on the car... She said if I want lighting package, give up parking assist! But I also really want to have 360 degree camera and front/rear parking sensor.......

If you were me, what's your choice?
Old 02-16-2016, 07:58 PM

Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts
16 GLC 19 Volvo XC40 06Corvette Z06
Originally Posted by lin8810
Without lighting package, GLC only comes with standard Halogen light. Not even the HID. Honestly I disagree Mercedes such spec. arrangement especially it's a luxury brand.

I still have time to change my build list, but I am quite hesitating to spend on this $1,500 package. I live in San Francisco bay area and maybe 95% of my driving will not have an environment really dark. In bay area, traffic everywhere as well as road lamp. Not really have some places in very very dark and need strong light. (at least on my driving route)

My wife won't allow me to spend more on the car... She said if I want lighting package, give up parking assist! But I also really want to have 360 degree camera and front/rear parking sensor.......

Based on where you live seems you would get more use from the parking aids than the headlites.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 GL450
@lin8810

That's a tough choice. The difference between halogen and LED is also significant in bad weather, like rain.

The 360 camera is nice at least on the GL. It is hard to park the beast sometimes. The parking sensors are not that valuable in my opinion. I don't know for sure, but the most urgent signal comes at, what?, 8 inches away from an object. 8 inches is as good as a mile in tight parking. The camera is better. I've been able to park close enough to other cars that people get out to check to make sure that I didn't hit them. All while I'm looking at the screen, not outside. I get out and casually remark, "Impressive, huh?"

But what a tough choice, camera or lights. I'd beg for both.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:43 PM

GLC 250
That's a very tough choice. The 360 degree camera is really useful for parking, and the ILS is really useful for night driving. I'm not sure which I would go with if I had to choose.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by lin8810

I think the lighting package is a safety feature (that's how you sell it to your wife). But seriously, it is - better visibility, anticipates bends in the road, and it certainly looks great. I'm not spending your money but I've learned over the years that I've regretted some of the decisions I've made declining some options. In this day and age it's amazing what you can drop $1500 on and, other than memories, it just disappears (restaurants, clothes you never wear). Tough decision but if you can afford it, you will regret not adding it.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Originally Posted by Mickfx
I think the lighting package is a safety feature (that's how you sell it to your wife). But seriously, it is - better visibility, anticipates bends in the road, and it certainly looks great. I'm not spending your money but I've learned over the years that I've regretted some of the decisions I've made declining some options. In this day and age it's amazing what you can drop $1500 on and, other than memories, it just disappears (restaurants, clothes you never wear). Tough decision but if you can afford it, you will regret not adding it.
I agree. Lighting package is a must. I was fortunate. My wife was just the opposite. She wanted all of the safety features as well as convenience features.
I had to order my GLC to get it the way we wanted it. It should be at VPC Brunswick Thursday.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by dieseldoc
I agree. Lighting package is a must. I was fortunate. My wife was just the opposite. She wanted all of the safety features as well as convenience features.
I had to order my GLC to get it the way we wanted it. It should be at VPC Brunswick Thursday.
When you're waiting for an ordered car it's like watching grass grow.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:55 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 BMW 335i Msport, 2012 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by Mickfx
When you're waiting for an ordered car it's like watching grass grow.
Yes, but it's worth it when your grass is lush, deep green, and weed free! Your new lawn is just the way you want it.