GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

To GLC owners with a BMW background....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 11:23 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 BMW 335i Msport, 2012 Mustang GT
To GLC owners with a BMW background....

Do you have any comments about moving from one to the other? I'm curious to know your thoughts on moving from BMW's i-drive to MB's Command system. What do you think of the small column shifter? What aspects of BMW ownership do you prefer to MB ownership and vice versa? Any comments are appreciated; ride, handling, cabin noise/quietness, anything.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC300 4Matic
here goes.

For BMW:
1) Driving dynamics. X3 drives better than GLC. there is something about the way the steering and the overall feel that makes the X3 more engaging to drive. I've tested the GLC with AMG line with sport suspension, but the X3 feels just that bit more "car like"

2) Economy. my friend's X3 has better MPG than my GLC. His car is around the 2014 make with a 2 liter engine.

For GLC:
1) Space. GLC is huge.
2) features. GLC is with the right boxes ticked has more features and technologies
3) refinement. The X3 may be nicer to drive. but the GLC is a better cruiser and town car.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:40 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 BMW 335i Msport, 2012 Mustang GT
Thanks jamespaul, I've test driven both and you are right; the GLC is a better cruiser, and that's one thing I'm looking for this time around. Thanks again for contributing!
Old 02-21-2016, 09:07 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 BMW X6 - Soon to be GLC300 4M
Originally Posted by jamespaul
here goes.

For BMW:
1) Driving dynamics. X3 drives better than GLC. there is something about the way the steering and the overall feel that makes the X3 more engaging to drive. I've tested the GLC with AMG line with sport suspension, but the X3 feels just that bit more "car like"

2) Economy. my friend's X3 has better MPG than my GLC. His car is around the 2014 make with a 2 liter engine.

For GLC:
1) Space. GLC is huge.
2) features. GLC is with the right boxes ticked has more features and technologies
3) refinement. The X3 may be nicer to drive. but the GLC is a better cruiser and town car.
I wonder how it compares with the air suspension
Old 02-21-2016, 09:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 GLC 300 4, 2014 Nissan Leaf
here goes.

For BMW:

For GLC:
1) Space. GLC is huge.
It's funny, I've owned every German manufacturer except Mercedes (until now) because I wasn't yet at the point in my life where I wanted a cruiser. Now I do. I checked out a Macan last night and even with all the great specs and performance metrics, I left the dealer with one thought - there's no way I can get 2 adults in the backseat comfortably.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:29 AM

GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Mickfx
It's funny, I've owned every German manufacturer except Mercedes (until now) because I wasn't yet at the point in my life where I wanted a cruiser. Now I do. I checked out a Macan last night and even with all the great specs and performance metrics, I left the dealer with one thought - there's no way I can get 2 adults in the backseat comfortably.
The Macan is a small car. And it should be compared against the GLA.

For longer journeys, the GLC would be the best.

I was toying between the GLA45 AMG vs the GLC300. I LOVE the performance of the GLA.

But with a baby on the way, it makes tons more sense to the get the GLC. Space is premium with the GLA.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:29 AM
DBV

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 GLC and 2017 BMW 530xi M-Sport
We almost purchased a diesel X3, but it was when the diesel fiasco with VW started happening and it delayed receiving the X3. Then the GLC came out and my wife preferred the GLC, since she prefers Mercedes. I generally prefer BMW's.

Our GLC has the air suspension and I think our GLC handles as well or better than the X3, especially in sports mode. The X3 would have to have the DHP suspension to compare. Even then, I don't think it would not be as smooth as the GLC.

here goes.

For BMW:

For GLC:
1) Space. GLC is huge.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:24 AM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 BMW X6 - Soon to be GLC300 4M
The Macan is a small car. And it should be compared against the GLA.

For longer journeys, the GLC would be the best.

I was toying between the GLA45 AMG vs the GLC300. I LOVE the performance of the GLA.

But with a baby on the way, it makes tons more sense to the get the GLC. Space is premium with the GLA.
I really like the GLA because I'm a performance guy at heart but I'm too darn tall for it. My head hits the roof, even with the seat adjusted all the way down and I'm only 6'2"
Old 02-22-2016, 03:38 PM

GLC 250
Yeah I have the same issue - 6'4". Went to test drive the GLA before the GLC was even out, and could not physically fit into the car...
Old 02-22-2016, 03:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche Macan Turbo
As an owner of a Macan, I never really understood cross shopping a Macan and GLA. One starts at $32k and the other at $54k. Even the top end AMG GLA is less than a Macan S. The GLA is there to compete with prospective X1 buyers IMO. Anywho....

I've traditionally preferred BMW to MB and we were almost set on a diesel X3 (love the mpg). After sitting in both, the fit and finish of the GLC just seems so much nicer all around (much nicer than the Q5 & Q3 as well). Interesting on the GLC is huge comment. It "felt" like the X3 was bigger than the GLC, but happy to hear about the cruiser/town car feel. Since this will be for the wife, fits her style a bit better.