GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

How to ask for compensation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 04:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC 300
so after chatting with the sales manager today he gave me a loaner car for the week until my car gets delivered and $200 discount on my vehicle. However i decided to get window tints and argued the price down from $400 to $300 thinking that with the $200 discount on my vehicle it would be essentially $100 for the window tints. But the financing manager was sneaky and applied the $200 discount to the price of the window tints and charged me regular price for the tinting. and since i wasn't careful enough reviewing the receipt didn't catch it until i had already signed off and arrived home. so instead of getting a discount i am $200 deep
Old 04-11-2016, 04:45 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Mercedes GLC 250d
Originally Posted by Jason Zhang
so instead of getting a discount i am $200 deep
That's why he's a salesperson and you're not! I'd still phone up or go in and speak to him face to face to tell him he's made a mistake and get him to refund the $100. He's tried to pull a fast one and he knows it. He's laughing at you tbh
Old 04-13-2016, 07:11 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
^ I kind of agree......salesmen are NOT your friend......they don't like you .....or even give a rats ***///they are only there to GET whatever they can!
and I'm sure they crack jokes when we leave too........it's sad really..... Could you imagine trying to live life like that??? I couldn't
Old 04-13-2016, 09:59 PM

2016 GLC 300; 2019 E53 Sedan
I'd go back in or call/email the finance guy and tell him you noticed a mistake. After all, you didn't take delivery yet.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:31 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 C300, 2015 F-350 Platinum, 1969 Mach 1 428cj, 2007 Roadking
Nothing is set in stone until you drive off the lot. Don't even take the keys till things get remedied. You can still have the last laugh.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:54 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes GLC 300 4Matic
Hey Jason,

I'm from Ottawa too. Both the Ottawa Mercedes dealers are notorious for bad customer service. When I went in to Star Motors to test drive a GLA, superficially they seemed friendly. But by the end of the visit, I felt like they didn't take me seriously probably because I look like a teen. They simply would not budge AT ALL on the MRSP and I'm not paying MRSP; so I left and didn't contact them again.

I ended up custom ordering a GLC from a dealer outside of Ottawa last month. It was a good experience and they certainly made the offer very competitive as I was trying to decide between the GLC and the BMW X1 or X3 which both had a good discount from my professional association. Thank goodness I didn't end up dealing with Star Motors in Ottawa or I feel I'd be in your case. Ordering in December and not getting it by mid-April is ridiculous. What was the delivery date they told you when you ordered it in December?

And I absolutely detest people who turn around and laugh after a customer leaves or play accounting tricks on you. Where are you moving btw? Is there a mercedes dealer where your moving? Best of luck - keep us posted!
Old 04-16-2016, 11:37 PM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by Jaccub
Hey Jason,

I'm from Ottawa too. Both the Ottawa Mercedes dealers are notorious for bad customer service. When I went in to Star Motors to test drive a GLA, superficially they seemed friendly. But by the end of the visit, I felt like they didn't take me seriously probably because I look like a teen. They simply would not budge AT ALL on the MRSP and I'm not paying MRSP; so I left and didn't contact them again.

I ended up custom ordering a GLC from a dealer outside of Ottawa last month. It was a good experience and they certainly made the offer very competitive as I was trying to decide between the GLC and the BMW X1 or X3 which both had a good discount from my professional association. Thank goodness I didn't end up dealing with Star Motors in Ottawa or I feel I'd be in your case. Ordering in December and not getting it by mid-April is ridiculous. What was the delivery date they told you when you ordered it in December?

And I absolutely detest people who turn around and laugh after a customer leaves or play accounting tricks on you. Where are you moving btw? Is there a mercedes dealer where your moving? Best of luck - keep us posted!
i picked up the car last Friday i went in last Monday to sign some stuff and purchased the window tint and they told me the car would be ready by Friday morning and they will apply the tint ahead of time so that i can open my windows by Friday but realistically they tinted the windows on Friday morning so i still haven't been able to open my windows yet...and yes when i walked in to the dealer in December no one bothered to acknowledge me. I was told the car would be ready early april the first time then was told march 26th the second time was told again April 6th on march 31st. and when i went in to complain on april 8th i was told it should have been at the dealer by March 30th but they have no idea where it currently is. Didn't get a solid promised delivery date until this past Monday and my new car has a few small scratches on the front lip chrome so needless to say i gave them the worst possible review. btw how much discount did you manage to get for your glc?
Old 04-16-2016, 11:42 PM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by Jaccub
Hey Jason,

i'm moving back to Vancouver in July and driving lol hopefully the Mercedes dealerships in Vancouver are better than Star motors