Calling all Brits - the Limey thread.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 09:08 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
W203 C350; Lexus GS450h; GLC250 AMG Line
Originally Posted by Teckno
Re carpet mats in GLC.
Noticed Oz AMG mats different to USA and Europe. The Oz driver side only has a "flap" that extends between left foot rest and right side accelerator pedal.
In USA, even though they are left hand drive they have two "flaps", one on the left foot rest. In Oz, this means no protection to stain and wear and tear to base carpet as no mat protection.
I think there is a UK Seller on EBay that sells modified mats for right hand drives.
Pity MB designers save cost, or did not think it important and altered design for our market.
Some pictures will help alot!
Old 10-09-2016, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 152 Likes on 126 Posts
2016 GLC 250d AMG pack, 2017 GLC Coupe 250d AMG pack , 2002 BMW 330Ci convertible, 2021 BMX X1 sD20i
Our GLC 250d was manuf in Dec15, took delivery end Feb16, travelled 16k.
Only issues to date, loss of audio, stoped turned off, restarted, all good again. Needed wheel alig around 5-7k as front left was " feathering" with extra edge wear and slight pulling to left. $240 was a bit steep for a wheel align when tyre shops charge $80, had to ask for print out, worth it, I now have factory data with upper and lower limits for all 4 wheel settings.
Final issue to date, and most serious, was low fuel pressure that caused car to stall, then limp home. Flat top towed to Dealer and a week later car returned with new fuel rail...... did not make sense, but it worked. 20 days later car stopped, same issue. Towed in , 5 days off road, replaced fuel quantity control valve and fuel pump. Issue seemed to trigger when remaining driving range was 170 – 200km, so pump seemed to malfunction when fuel level dropped.
Dealer also noticed error codes for pre safe warnings, they replaced and recalibrated the camera.
Am I concerned, not really. Issue seems minor, real test was Dealership, they were fantastic, kept me informed, were apologetic and provided a loan car. By the way I was looked after I am confident the GLC will be ok.
We were to buy a second one for " she who must be obeyed" ! However the wait list kept getting longer so we bit the bullit and have order a GLC Coupe, that way deliver quicker and not the same body shape in driveway, at least from side or rear.
Very excited for delivery, ETA around end Jan17 at this stage.