GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Mysterious powering up at midnight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 08:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
volkswagen Jetta TDI
Mysterious powering up at midnight

Here is something interesting (or scary).
Since the USB ports can be used to charge cell phones, I use one of he ports as a power source for my dashcam.
So whenever the car powers up, the dashcam will start recording.
Today I pulled out the microSD card and stuck it in my PC ..... I found there are a couple of video files generated at 1:50AM, 3:50AM.
Since the car was parked in the dark garage the videos rendered totally darkness.
But what gets me is, why did the system turn on at the middle of the night???
Any ideas?
Old 06-07-2016, 04:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC300 4matic
yeah I wonder this as well. Sometimes I'm in the garage and randomly I can hear some whirling/buzzing from the car like it is doing something. No doors were opened and no keys near the car..

If someone with more detailed knowledge of the internal workings of the GLC can answer this, it would be great!
Old 06-08-2016, 03:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW X3 F25
In Aust the dealers remind me of medical centres and the question of ownership of your records.I have not yet owned a Mercedes so exclude them from this comment but have had an Audi and a BMW (current) and the dealer service centres behave as though they own the servicing details and getting a detailed report on what has been done to YOUR vehicle is very hard. The best you get is a list of headings.... "repaired brakes". Both mfrs dealers here absolutely prevent you having any sort of debrief from the tech who works on your car. That is out of the question.
I make this related point because I am completely unsurprised that the GLC is doing things offline. I am not really suggesting it is anything sinister, but I am suggesting that you will be whistling dixie hoping the mfr will tell you everything about the car you have paid so much for and think you "own"... good luck with that.You have actually bought a perpetual licence for that example. I need to get back on my paranoia medication....LOL