GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

2017 GLC model ordered?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 07:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC 43
Have just pulled the trigger on my first ever Mercedes, and what a choice.... the AMG GLC43

I had a 250d on test for a couple of days and liked the car but wanted a little more power. I was considering the 350d, but when I visited a local dealership they had the AMG version on display.... it was love at first sight.

I've been lucky enough to drive BMW's, Audi's and Jags, but I'm more excited about this car than any other. Here's the spec I chose:-
Premium Plus
Diamond White
21" Bi-colour wheels
Leather
Running Boards
Intelligent LED lights
Carbon Fibre trim

Now just the small matter of waiting until March for delivery. Build slot yet to be confirmed but indicated it should be December for March delivery.

I'm sure the wait is going to feel interminable and during the time I will feed off any scraps of information and pictures I can find of the 43, so if anyone has something new to post please do so
Old 10-31-2016, 08:30 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
GLC 43, MITSUBISHI PHEV, BMW Z1
Welcome!
Check out Pistonheads for a UK-focused thread on GLC 43.
Autocar and AutoExpress both have brief reviews.
Dec build for Mar delivery doesn't sound right (not least from a MB perspective in being paid!) - I think around a month is usual for UK delivery.
Be aware that UK car tax changes on 1 April which may or may not affect you - for GLC 43 it will go up!!
Good choice.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:48 AM

GLC 43
Thanks for the tip re Pistonheads, I'll take a look at it.

The build/delivery dates are what have been indicated to me. Nothing confirmed yet so maybe it will be quicker, here's hoping!

I'm aware of the car tax issue and sadly that does affect me. There's always a price to pay!
Old 10-31-2016, 12:37 PM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by Andy B
Have just pulled the trigger on my first ever Mercedes, and what a choice.... the AMG GLC43

I had a 250d on test for a couple of days and liked the car but wanted a little more power. I was considering the 350d, but when I visited a local dealership they had the AMG version on display.... it was love at first sight.

I've been lucky enough to drive BMW's, Audi's and Jags, but I'm more excited about this car than any other. Here's the spec I chose:-
Premium Plus
Diamond White
21" Bi-colour wheels
Leather
Running Boards
Intelligent LED lights
Carbon Fibre trim

Now just the small matter of waiting until March for delivery. Build slot yet to be confirmed but indicated it should be December for March delivery.

I'm sure the wait is going to feel interminable and during the time I will feed off any scraps of information and pictures I can find of the 43, so if anyone has something new to post please do so
Sounds very nice!

I had the same 'issue' I really wanted to like the diesel, but just found myself wanting for a bit more power. As the 350d wasn't available to order, there was no choice other than the GLC43

Picking mine up in 6 sleeps
Old 10-31-2016, 01:09 PM

GLC 43
Originally Posted by dejongj
Sounds very nice!

I had the same 'issue' I really wanted to like the diesel, but just found myself wanting for a bit more power. As the 350d wasn't available to order, there was no choice other than the GLC43

Picking mine up in 6 sleeps
Only 6 sleeps to go, you lucky chap. I'll look forward to hearing what you think (as if we didn't already know!) and seeing some pics.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 GLC 43 AMG, 2013 Boxster
Can anyone tell me what type of tires come with the 21" wheels, are they summer tires or
all season M & S? I like the 21" but would prefer the all season tires for snow.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:38 AM

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
John Deeres, but wife has GLC43
GLC43 oem tires

Originally Posted by Widman
Can anyone tell me what type of tires come with the 21" wheels, are they summer tires or
all season M & S? I like the 21" but would prefer the all season tires for snow.
According to the newest Dealer Order Guide that I could find on these forums, the 21" wheel option on US-market GLC43 comes with "high performance" (ie, summmer) tires. Not sure whether they are run-flats.

Standard tire on 20" wheels for US-spec GLC43 is all season run-flat. Mine came with
GoodYear Eagle Sport All-Season run-on-flat MOextended tires, made in Germany. I've driven just 60 miles, initial reaction is that these tires are impressive on dry pavement.

This doesn't apply to your question, but as I recall when I ordered my GLC43 in August, there was an option code for 20" summer tires (same 20" wheels, just different tires).
Old 11-01-2016, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lexus RX
I ordered my 2017 GLC300 via a dealership slot at the end of September. Learned my new baby was brought into the world October 24 weighing in at 4001 lbs. She's to arrive in my arms around Nov 20, which will be something to be thankful for if she makes the ship in time (still don't know the answer to that one - and would be interested how some people have tracked theirs stateside).

Full disclosure: This is my 1st Mercedes... and looked hard at the BMW 3 and Lexus RX My current 350 has given me 190+K miles of unbelievable reliability since 2005, but I found the redesign hideous.

One drive had me falling for the GLC, and two more sealed the deal over the BMW3. Plus, those things are becoming ubiquitous, just like the RX did. So in that regard, Im definitely looking forward to being a little bit ahead of the curve! Have never driven on run flats, and would be lying if that didn't concern me a tad.

Lunar Blue 4-matic w/ Silk Beige interior w/ burled walnut. P3 package (mostly due to speed limit assist and active led headlamps), heated steering and front seat, pano roof, Burmester, hitch and chrome inserts on the door handles. fancy but not too fancy!

Last edited by Modadunn; 11-01-2016 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:43 PM

2017 GLC 300 4MATIC (formerly: 2010 Lexus RX 350 & 2013 Mercedes-Benz B250)
Tracking Shipment, and Previous Car = Lexus RX

Originally Posted by Modadunn
... if she makes the ship in time (still don't know the answer to that one - and would be interested how some people have tracked theirs stateside).
To track shipment from Bremerhaven (the port from which the factory in Bremen ships cars overseas):
  1. Get the VIN number from your Sales Advisor (it only becomes available at a late stage of assembly.)
  2. Go to https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fra...uickSearchPage and enter the VIN in the "Cargo ID" field at the right side of the screen. Keep trying daily until you get a response, meaning the car has been delivered from the factory to the dock, preparing to be loaded on board.
  3. Track daily (or as often as you like) to watch the position of the ship.
  4. After unloading, the car will go through a few more status updates as it goes through Customs and Vehicle Preparation until it leaves the port on its way to your city.

... My current 350 has given me 190+K miles of unbelievable reliability since 2005, but I found the redesign hideous.
My previous car was a 2010 Lexus RX 350 - loved it! When I was "forced" (long story) to trade it in, I found the new Lexus NX too small and not quite as luxurious as I was used to, and the new Lexus RX too big. Ordered the 2017 GLC 300 4MATIC at the beginning of July, and took delivery in Vancouver, Canada, on October 21.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 GLC300
Another first time Mercedes owner

Special ordered my 2017 GLC300 2whl drive Aug 8, built early Sept. Internet manager at the SoCal dealer informed me what ship it was on and was able to use apps to see ship progress, going through Panama Canal and up to Long Beach port. After 5 days it made it to the dealer and picket it up Oct 31!

Minimal options was what I wanted: Diamond white, beige interior, pano sunroof, Sirius radio, burmester audio, blind spot assist. Looking forward to many years with this SUV. Will be adding the harming map pilot GPS SD card soon

Curren other cars: 2006 Prius, 1998 corvette and heavily modified 1979 corvette. Sold my 2011 Acura MDX which this MB replaced.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:48 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
GLC
Originally Posted by BCRCornet
2. Go to https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fra...uickSearchPage and enter the VIN in the "Cargo ID" field at the right side of the screen. Keep trying daily until you get a response, meaning the car has been delivered from the factory to the dock, preparing to be loaded on board.
This part did not work for me. Wallenius is apparently not the only shipper Mercedes is using, as my car is on the Sunlight Ace. My SA provided the VIN and the name of the ship.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by clarst
This part did not work for me. Wallenius is apparently not the only shipper Mercedes is using, as my car is on the Sunlight Ace. My SA provided the VIN and the name of the ship.
Yes, you are correct - Wallenius isn't the only shipper Mercedes uses, but I was lucky that in my case, WWL was the carrier for my car. I kinda think that WWL is most commonly used by Mercedes, however.

Thanks for pointing this out.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:48 PM

GLC 300
Got the VIN Today

Yes, you are correct - Wallenius isn't the only shipper Mercedes uses, but I was lucky that in my case, WWL was the carrier for my car. I kinda think that WWL is most commonly used by Mercedes, however.

Thanks for pointing this out.
If you are not shipping on Wallenius, can you still trace back to a ship? Don't really know at is point when it is shipping just trying to figure out how to trace if not with Wallenius.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:04 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
GLC
You'll need to know which ship your car is on. Knowing the VIN, you can search on the Wallenius website, as stated elsewhere in the thread (https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fra...uickSearchPage), but if it comes up empty, your GLC may be on a different carrier.
My SA told me the name of the ship, for which I then simply searched. There are many sites that show ship's positions (vesseltracker.com, vesselfinder.com, maritime-connector.com, etc.), so you can find your car that way. But, it is dependent on knowing the name of the ship.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:01 PM

GLC 300
Best Luxury SUV

Has everyone seen the latest Consumer Report ratings of luxury SUV's?
1. MBZ GLC300

Yes...we all ordered the right car! But we knew that.

Last edited by Skipperdooley; 11-16-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:22 PM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by Chrenka
1. MBZ GLC300

Yes...we all ordered the right car! But we knew that.
And, how about this one: Mercedes GLC Earns Top SUV Award from Motor Trend, Impresses with Performance & Engineering

Last edited by Skipperdooley; 11-16-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:42 AM

1. MBZ GLC300
Is the article available on the web? Link, please?
Old 11-16-2016, 04:53 AM

right to be forgotten
Is the article available on the web? Link, please?
http://bfy.tw/8nDT

Old 11-16-2016, 05:27 AM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
2016 volkswagen beetle
And, how about this one: Mercedes GLC Earns Top SUV Award from Motor Trend, Impresses with Performance & Engineering
You know Mercedes is back when they start dethroning Lexus.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:10 AM

Sorry - you misunderstood. The Consumer Reports link, if you please.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:45 AM

right to be forgotten
Sign in to view the ratings You aren't asking people to share their logins are you?
Old 11-16-2016, 11:36 AM

GLC 300
Actually I took the listing off. That information is under copyright protection. I'm sure they are not going to complain, but my legal brain says take it off. The article appears in the current issue of Consumer Reports. The SUV in last place is the Range Rover, sorry Queen, with all due respects to our friend in Whipsnade, love that name, Whipsnade. Never ran into that place even living in Bracknall for a bit.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:14 PM

right to be forgotten
Actually I took the listing off. That information is under copyright protection. I'm sure they are not going to complain, but my legal brain says take it off. The article appears in the current issue of Consumer Reports. The SUV in last place is the Range Rover, sorry Queen, with all due respects to our friend in Whipsnade, love that name, Whipsnade. Never ran into that place even living in Bracknall for a bit.
Hehehe I'm a Dutch man living in the UK - my King William of Orange and our car brands are like the Donkervoort D8, Spyker etc. Where I live in Whipsnade all my neighbours have Range Rovers, way too common. And Jaguar F-Pace is very popular as well. For SUV's I like German cars generally and they look down at me like some commoner

Bracknall - interesting place with lots of roundabouts - I used to live not far away at Wentworth Golf Course in Virginia Water.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:26 PM

Sign in to view the ratings You aren't asking people to share their logins are you?
Sorry for belabouring the point - the link you posted results in links to the Motor Trend article. I'm looking for the Consumer Reports article. I don't think you intend that the Motor Trend article will get me to the Consumer Reports article, do you?

Thanks anyway.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:28 PM

Oh! Now I see! Your post originally contained a link, but by the time I saw the post, there was no longer a link. No problem!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2017 GLC model ordered?