2017 GLC model ordered?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 11:33 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Honda Cr-V
2017 GLC model ordered?

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to get a thread going on 2017 GLC builds so we can share configurations, production dates, wait times, etc. I just placed my orders for a GLC 300 4matic which will be a 2017 model. It's my first Mercedes so I'm excited. At the same time, I'm also worried it's going to take longer than my dealer is telling me. Anyways. it's exciting and will wait and watch with others out here in the same situation.

My 2017 build includes the Premium 4 package (including the Driver's Assist and Burmester which is now standard with P4), Heated Front Seats, Heated Steering and Panoramic Sun Roof. I can post my build if anyone wants to take a look. I also have the 2017 DOG if anyone wants to take a look. Pricing for 2017 should not be very different although package structuring is very different.

Per my dealer, I'm on the mid-July build and the car should be here in Minneapolis around end-August early-September.

Other folks out there in the same boat?
Old 06-22-2016, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300
I am in Canada.
I ordered my GLC 300 in April.
Dealer told me it will on production for 2017 model and they placed an order in June. Production will be in July and delivery to Canada will at the beginning of the August.
Hopefully it will delivery on time.

Also the dealer told me Mercedes might increase around CAD$1000 MSRP for 2017 models. AT the time, I need to pay the difference. That sounds weird.

Originally Posted by watchg41
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to get a thread going on 2017 GLC builds so we can share configurations, production dates, wait times, etc. I just placed my orders for a GLC 300 4matic which will be a 2017 model. It's my first Mercedes so I'm excited. At the same time, I'm also worried it's going to take longer than my dealer is telling me. Anyways. it's exciting and will wait and watch with others out here in the same situation.

My 2017 build includes the Premium 4 package (including the Driver's Assist and Burmester which is now standard with P4), Heated Front Seats, Heated Steering and Panoramic Sun Roof. I can post my build if anyone wants to take a look. I also have the 2017 DOG if anyone wants to take a look. Pricing for 2017 should not be very different although package structuring is very different.

Per my dealer, I'm on the mid-July build and the car should be here in Minneapolis around end-August early-September.

Old 06-22-2016, 01:11 PM

Honda Cr-V
Originally Posted by Human9991
I am in Canada.
I ordered my GLC 300 in April.
Dealer told me it will on production for 2017 model and they placed an order in June. Production will be in July and delivery to Canada will at the beginning of the August.
Hopefully it will delivery on time.

Also the dealer told me Mercedes might increase around CAD$1000 MSRP for 2017 models. AT the time, I need to pay the difference. That sounds weird.
Actually, that doesn't sound too wrong. The idea I have got from a few dealers here is that price is expected to increase by 1-1.5% which is approx. $500-700 USD. Mentally I'm even prepared for $1000-1200 USD but it shouldn't be more than that. They have said that I am welcome to go back on my order and get a full refund if it is more than that, so they are definitely confident it won't be much. Let's see, good to hear that the timing estimate is consistent. Fingers crossed.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 BMW 435i Coupe
I am in the same boat as you guys. Car will be built first week of July and arrive at So. Cal dealer by early September. There is a 2017 order guide (on another post) with preliminary pricing.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 MB C230
Originally Posted by reddemon73
I am in the same boat as you guys. Car will be built first week of July and arrive at So. Cal dealer by early September. There is a 2017 order guide (on another post) with preliminary pricing.
Can you point me to the ordering guide? I've placed an order but I feel sort of in the dark about it!
Old 06-22-2016, 06:45 PM

2002 MB C230
Hello Everyone,

I've ordered as well. I placed my order in mid-May and I THINK it is scheduled to be built on July 1. I've got leather plus Package 4 plus heated steering wheel plus side running boards plus heated/ventilated seats. It also has the Burmester (Burgermeister :-) radio (I'm not sure if that was an option or standard).

Does anyone know how long it takes to deliver to the DC area? The dealer says July delivery, but that seems vague to me!

I'm enjoying the anticipation but I'd enjoy a bit more info, too!
Old 06-22-2016, 06:47 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 GLK250BT, Polar White; 2016 GLE 300d, Polar White
Originally Posted by Micah Salb
Can you point me to the ordering guide? I've placed an order but I feel sort of in the dark about it!
You can scroll down few lines to tread "US - 2017 GLC DOG " or even further to Canadian DOG.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 BMW 435i Coupe
Here is the link to the CDG guidebook:

https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...7-glc-dog.html
Old 06-22-2016, 08:06 PM

Honda Cr-V
I've ordered as well. I placed my order in mid-May and I THINK it is scheduled to be built on July 1. I've got leather plus Package 4 plus heated steering wheel plus side running boards plus heated/ventilated seats. It also has the Burmester (Burgermeister :-) radio (I'm not sure if that was an option or standard).

Does anyone know how long it takes to deliver to the DC area? The dealer says July delivery, but that seems vague to me!

I'm enjoying the anticipation but I'd enjoy a bit more info, too!
That's probably the discrepancy between the DOG and the option the ordering screen gives when you build the 2017 GLC. I had made a note choosing the Burmester as an optional upgrade but when we were keying in the order the screen automatically disabled Burmeter selection saying it was part of the P4. July delivery would be awesome (if it happens, although I think the first 2017 builds are in July)! Keep us updated. Hope you get it soon enough!
Old 06-23-2016, 01:03 AM

2002 MB C230
Has anyone heard anything about the HUD, which the dealer and the DOG say is delayed. Is that something that can be retrofitted?
Old 06-23-2016, 02:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW X3 F25
Originally Posted by MINDC
Has anyone heard anything about the HUD, which the dealer and the DOG say is delayed. Is that something that can be retrofitted?
They do have a stock of HUDs but are reserving them for cars which have them as standard and not offering them on those where they are optional to preserve their stock. The factory in Japan is supposed to be supplying again by August but haven't seen any details. I would think not retro fit possible, they use a different dashboard fascia anyway.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 250
Hi, just ordered GLC 250 here in Australia. The dealer told me HUD is not available as the factory that produces them in Japan was shutdown due to the recent earthquake. He said expect nothing before August, but it was dealer speak, so who knows the truth. They have created a new (Australian) option package, VP3, which is same as VP1 and excludes HUD. For me, I found the HUD annoying in the test drive, so I'm happy without it. I doubt it could be retrofitted easily as it takes a large area of the dashboard behind the driver instruments.

For the record, ordered 18/6/16, production date 21/7/2016, expected delivery 60 days later, so mid September, though I expect early October:

-GLC250 Petrol, Cavansite Blue, 20 inch rims
-Exclusive package (EX1) with beige/espresso leather interior, brown ash wood inserts, beige roof liner.
-Seat Comfort (SC1) with climatized seats (401)
-Command package (CM1)

also deleted the running boards/side steps. Fro me, not needed.

Last edited by jeffzzz; 06-25-2016 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:44 AM

2002 MB C230
On other news, I really wanted saddle brown leather but I also really wanted the heated steering wheel. The steering wheel won out.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:33 PM

none
Ordered mine mid June with Selenite grey exterior, espresso brown interior
premium 4 pkg, Sport pkg, heated front seat, panorama sunroof.
Scheduled production is Sept. 11-20, and will arrive mid to late October.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:29 PM

Honda Cr-V
On other news, I really wanted saddle brown leather but I also really wanted the heated steering wheel. The steering wheel won out.
So is your interior black leather then? I debated on this too but my SA confirmed that on the 2017 builds you can get heated steering with any interior. Mine is silk beige with heated steering. They also said you can make tweaks to the build for a couple of weeks after ordering.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:07 PM

2002 MB C230
So is your interior black leather then? I debated on this too but my SA confirmed that on the 2017 builds you can get heated steering with any interior. Mine is silk beige with heated steering. They also said you can make tweaks to the build for a couple of weeks after ordering.
According to the May 31 Dealers Ordering Guide, the heated steering wheel is available only with Interiors 101 (black MB-Tex), 115 (Silk Beige MB-Tex), 221 (Black Leather) , and P87 (Designo black). So while you can't get it with ANY interior, you can get it with the Silk Beige that you've ordered. I wanted leather (after a disappointment with another company's fake leather), which limited me to black.
Old 06-25-2016, 11:33 PM

Honda Cr-V
According to the May 31 Dealers Ordering Guide, the heated steering wheel is available only with Interiors 101 (black MB-Tex), 115 (Silk Beige MB-Tex), 221 (Black Leather) , and P87 (Designo black). So while you can't get it with ANY interior, you can get it with the Silk Beige that you've ordered. I wanted leather (after a disappointment with another company's fake leather), which limited me to black.
Ahh.. That make sense. Well, either ways I think we both made good choices going with the heated steering.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C300
Does anyone know if heated seats are included in P01 pkg or do you have to add them separately to get P01pkg ? The DOG is confusing on this to me. Thanks !!
Old 06-26-2016, 09:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Glc 300
You have to add the heated front seats separately to get P01. It will pop up as an error in Netstar when dealer tries to setup the build order.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:38 AM

Honda Cr-V
Anyone hear anything about the final 2017 pricing/DOG?
Old 07-05-2016, 11:49 AM

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts
Current: 2022 C300W4, 2016 Audi A8L Previous: 2019 C43W4
Push your sales associate to get in touch with corporate on this one. The restriction of heated steering wheels to certain interior colors is because heated steering wheels only come in black. The saddle interior is paired with black trim and will come with a black steering wheel.

MBUSA Product Management needs to get involved on this one. Trust me. The saddle interior is
Old 07-05-2016, 09:23 PM

Mini Cooper Clubman
Premium Package Changes?

My Dealer is telling me they can't get a slot because the packages are changing back more to how they were in 2016. More a la carte so you can pick and choose instead of all or nothing in a package.

Claims 11 July he'll have the updates and can place my order.
The following users liked this post:
Frankie's Dad (07-06-2016)
Old 07-05-2016, 09:37 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
2016 volkswagen beetle
I haven't ordered mine yet. But it's most likely going to be Lunar Blue Metallic or Dakota brown metallic with illuminated star, chrome door handles, pano roof, led headlamps and tail lamps, and running boards. And the inside with espresso brown and black leather, burl walnut wood, memory passenger seat, heated rear seats, heated and ventilated front seats tri zone climate control, burmester, premium 2 pack, air balance, tech pack.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E350
Hi keep us in the loop on 7/11 please !!! I prefer the ala cart then pay for STUFF that I don't want. I.e. air balance ....seriously air freshener for $350??!!
Old 07-06-2016, 09:25 AM

Mini Cooper Clubman
Hi Frankie's Dad. Yes I will.

I have the 6/22 DOG and tried to order on 6/25 (Sat) but they were trying to juggle slots to get the best delivery date so drug out to Mon 6/27, then Tues.... then finally on Wed 6/29 they said there was an issue with the P4 that prevented them from ordering it and that option packages were changing and the update would be out 11 July.

These guys must be really good at selling what's in stock because they certainly are not good at taking orders to spec. I've been trying to buy one since end of April and for various reasons (none of them me), I still don't have one ordered.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2017 GLC model ordered?