GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

2017 GLC model ordered?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 08:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLC 300
Originally Posted by dejongj
Hehehe I'm a Dutch man living in the UK - my King William of Orange and our car brands are like the Donkervoort D8, Spyker etc. Where I live in Whipsnade all my neighbours have Range Rovers, way too common. And Jaguar F-Pace is very popular as well. For SUV's I like German cars generally and they look down at me like some commoner

Bracknall - interesting place with lots of roundabouts - I used to live not far away at Wentworth Golf Course in Virginia Water.
Forgot to mention Dutch man in the U.K., I ordered Obsidian Black as well. According to my latest information it's still setting on the dock. Yes there are a lot of roundabouts. Always confused me. And, you're not a commoner, you have the best SUV in its classs.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:46 AM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by Chrenka
Forgot to mention Dutch man in the U.K., I ordered Obsidian Black as well. According to my latest information it's still setting on the dock. Yes there are a lot of roundabouts. Always confused me. And, you're not a commoner, you have the best SUV in its classs.
Obsidian black it lovely. Pain in the backside to keep it clean, but worth it. Really sets off the car nicely.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:54 PM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by clarst
You'll need to know which ship your car is on. Knowing the VIN, you can search on the Wallenius website, as stated elsewhere in the thread (https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fra...uickSearchPage), but if it comes up empty, your GLC may be on a different carrier.
My SA told me the name of the ship, for which I then simply searched. There are many sites that show ship's positions (vesseltracker.com, vesselfinder.com, maritime-connector.com, etc.), so you can find your car that way. But, it is dependent on knowing the name of the ship.
Finally. It's on the Ruby Ace just off Plymouth England. Should be in Long Beach around December 17th. Unless there's an accident in Honduras again.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:57 PM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by dejongj
Obsidian black it lovely. Pain in the backside to keep it clean, but worth it. Really sets off the car nicely.
It left yesterday my Dutch friend. Should be in Long Beach in mid December. I have a GLK black now and it is far easier to keep clean, longer, living here than back in the midwest. Doesn't rain much here. So the Obsidian Black will be great.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:39 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
GLC
Originally Posted by Chrenka
Finally. It's on the Ruby Ace just off Plymouth England. Should be in Long Beach around December 17th. Unless there's an accident in Honduras again.
Don't know about any accidents--maybe there was a good party The ship hung around there for a couple of days.
It's been kind of fun following the progress of the ship every day or two. It was off of Cabo San Lucas this morning, and it still shows arrival at Long Beach on Sunday. The dealership says they will expedite, since the car is already sold, but I'm expecting about a week until we take delivery.
Good luck with the Ruby Ace!