GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Is there anyone upgrade old small ugly LCD to 12" LCD screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 01:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW 2011 535i + MB 2016 GLC300 + 2020 BMW 330i
Is there anyone upgrade old small ugly LCD to 12" LCD screen

I saw there's an item in the ebay, it looks much much better than stock 8.4" LCD, look likes new E class.
C-CLASS GLC-CLASS 12 INCH MONITOR WITH NAVI

Question 1:
Is it easy to DIY?
Question 2:
Compatibility?

Old 07-21-2016, 09:53 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
'16 GLC300
check the w205 thread on this. there is a discussion going on about it right now.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:50 PM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
GLE 350D GLC 250D, Previous vehicles W204, W164, W163, W210 & W202
If this system works on similar principals to the Naviplus system then the only benefit will be the extra screen size.

Although the Korean Navplus system is touchscreen it does not provide touchscreen functionality to any Mercedes menu's, the touch screen only works on their optional navigation system option.

The installation difficulty will depend on what additional features are provided. The screen should be plug and pray but the screen mirroring they show may require a Usb connection for sound.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c400
ya looks awsome has front cam capibility easy option, also car play .. i am waiting on reviews there are 2 similar a 12'' and a 10.25' both are really cool. nav is better and i think you can do mobil hotspot for live check it out
Old 07-24-2024, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Mercedes GLE350
Unhappy Tried the original 9" screen version, so far disappointing

I ordered from 4x4shop and was very excited to install the unit. I have to say the directions are not very helpful and online youtubes are not that helpful either, granted I don't do this kind of installation for a living.
The customer service was responsive but for guided support you need to be available during the week and during work hours. That was hard for me to do.

After finally getting the thing installed the unit looked great but right off the bat I had trouble with Z-link connection via bluetooth. I lost sound on the speakers on the left side of my car when using the system.
I have been emailing tech support but communication is not the greatest as it is once a day and lacking details and defining technical terms sometimes.

My system does not connect seamlessly and the whole experience so far has been frustrating. I feel like I wasted my money. I think if you live in Canada and have them install for you and have them troubleshoot for you that is the best but DYI and in the USA this system has not worked out for me.

I am holding out hope that we can figure this thing out. Maybe the 12" screen version is better- but it does require some sawing of the inner dash to fit it in.

If you are not familiar with working with car systems this will not be the easiest project.

I am shopping around for a different system.