GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

what is the benefit of MBrace?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300
what is the benefit of MBrace?

The only thing people mentioned is to turn on engine with your cell phone.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:04 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 GLC 300 [Cardinal/Espresso]
That is a big one for me.

I also like the Valet functions, the "map where I am and where my GLC is" function.

I've used the send2benz function a lot already too -- send an address to your NAV so you don't have to enter it in the car. When you start up, the Nav asks something like "do you want to go there now, or just save the address for later?"
Old 08-15-2016, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
New MB you get Apps free for 5 yrs - and "free" trial for the other levels of service - so feel free to explore what is of value for you - and what is not...
Old 08-18-2016, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLC 300 W4 +Driver Assist(P03)/panoramic roof/Burmeister
Curious About Opinion on Other Features

I decided to go with the 6 mo. trial of the Mbrace Secure. I was curious in if others found value in the Entertain or Concierge Option? I'm not even sure if I will keep the Secure.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:22 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GenesisG70 '20 GLC300 DakotaBrwn/Silk '16
I just signed up for the secure/entertain. Secure... too early. As for entertain, I like the concept, but internet signal strength has been in issue with some of the locations that I drive in.
As an aside, does anyone know who Benz uses for supplying the signal? Is it Tmobile, since it seems like that's the coverage we get.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 AMG C43
Originally Posted by RedwinGV
I just signed up for the secure/entertain. Secure... too early. As for entertain, I like the concept, but internet signal strength has been in issue with some of the locations that I drive in.
As an aside, does anyone know who Benz uses for supplying the signal? Is it Tmobile, since it seems like that's the coverage we get.
Just ordered the Entertainment package mainly for the WIFI as it is less expensive for me to use their data as opposed to data through my mobile carrier.

As to your questions of who provides the signal, it is Verizon
The following users liked this post:
RedwinGV (08-21-2016)
Old 08-21-2016, 07:58 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 GLC3004M P02
I just signed up for Secure, Concierge and Entertain trials - figured it couldn't hurt to try and see what value they really are to me. They said they'd notify me before it becomes paid (can anyone here verify this?). Likely I'll keep Secure, not sure about the other two. $28/mo (bundled cost for Concierge/Ent) is a lot unless I use it a lot, but there is definitely value in the WiFi to keep my data use down.

Sort of related: does anyone here know if I need to maintain the SiriusXM subscription after the 6 month trial to maintain the traffic feature of the COMAND nav?
Old 08-21-2016, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Madman7

Sort of related: does anyone here know if I need to maintain the SiriusXM subscription after the 6 month trial to maintain the traffic feature of the COMAND nav?
The nav is separate and I think it's free for 4 years. Not sure on the length now, but I know it's multi-year.
Madman7 (08-21-2016)
Old 08-21-2016, 02:23 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 GLC3004M P02
Originally Posted by RedwinGV
The nav is separate and I think it's free for 4 years. Not sure on the length now, but I know it's multi-year.
The nav updates, MB states, are free for 5 years now. I don't know whether this applies to traffic data (red-orange-green on map, and arrival time projection) is the same or whether this data comes from Sirius.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:32 PM

The nav updates, MB states, are free for 5 years now. I don't know whether this applies to traffic data (red-orange-green on map, and arrival time projection) is the same or whether this data comes from Sirius.
Nav update is different from traffic data. Sirius does supply the traffic data.
Madman7 (08-21-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
On SIRIUS - as the radio notifies you that your free trial is ending - call the SIRIUS contact tel# shown on the radio - frankly, SIRIUS has has unadvertised "customer retention special" available from SIRIUS Customer Service that are lower than regular/special subscription rates.

On mBrace - operated by Verizon as 3rd party - NO I have not seen any trial-end-alert.

For mBrace BEST recommendation I have - while you have the trial - but done in the 1st week - use the Concierge/button to check they have all information incl Emergency Contact info correct - on that same call tell them to set your account to cancel at end of free trial - if you later change your mind and want to continue - call them back later.
The following 2 users liked this post by fabbrisd1:
Madman7 (08-22-2016), speedeye (09-06-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 11:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GL300
I just signed up for Secure, Concierge and Entertain trials - figured it couldn't hurt to try and see what value they really are to me. They said they'd notify me before it becomes paid (can anyone here verify this?). Likely I'll keep Secure, not sure about the other two. $28/mo (bundled cost for Concierge/Ent) is a lot unless I use it a lot, but there is definitely value in the WiFi to keep my data use down.

you will get a notification by snail mail before the trial is over
Old 09-21-2016, 12:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 BMW 435i Coupe
Auto start function is great way to warm up the car before loading our baby.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:36 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 GLC300
I signed up for all the mBrace trial. I didn't find the secure mBrace to be beneficial during my 3-month trial period, I guess this is useless unless you get into an accident or stranded somewhere. I also cancelled the mBrace concierge/entertainment because I didn't see any benefit of having these features as well because I find it easier to book my own reservations using my cellphone and find my way around using my navigation and the MB WiFi is pretty useless, the connection is too slow or I get disconnected, it's faster to just access the wifi on my cellphone so it's not worth paying a monthly fee for this feature. The mBrace connect is all I need and it comes with a 5-year complimentary trial period. The auto start will be useful during the cold season, sending the address to your navigation is the best! It saves time entering locations to your navigation. I just hope MB keeps it free after the 5-year trial.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 GLC300
I didn't continue my SiriusXM subscription after the trial period and I thought I have to sign-up to continue the traffic feature on my navigation COMAND but I didn't have to, apparently SiriusXM Travel + SiriusXM Travel link are both complimentary for 5-years! At least that's what it says when I checked my SiriusXM account.