Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

GLC SUV, Coupe or Jaguar F-Pace?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E Coupe
Originally Posted by dejongj
Thanks I think removing the side boards really brings out the lines for these cars. The GLC (and the F-Pace hence it looks smaller than it is) is rather low down, and I think it improves it no end. It was really noticeable in the showroom seeing it next to the GLE and the GLS.

The F-Pace actually has 19" wheels, but is using the UK configurator. I just looked at the Belgium configurator and yes for the GLC those wheels seem to be AMG 43 only. I can't believe how much more expensive they are than in the UK. In the UK it is a £1,100 option, and it is a whopping €1,936. That is just ridiculous.

With your history of Coupe's maybe you should wait for a coupe The GLC would be a great, and the hybrid engine looks very interesting actually. I wished they did that one in the UK, great for tax benefits.
Yes idd, maybe I should skip a coupe this time...

The thing with the GLC suv as I configurated above (so no AMG 43) compared to the F-pace, when you cross it on the streets the F-Pace makes an impact, it stands out. While the GLC is very pretty, but it blends with the other suv's like Audi and BMW...

So, should I pay 60k for such a car or for a very spacious more standing out F-pace. (as a big Mercedes lover)
Old 09-22-2016, 06:16 AM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by Blaugrana
Yes idd, maybe I should skip a coupe this time...

The thing with the GLC suv as I configurated above (so no AMG 43) compared to the F-pace, when you cross it on the streets the F-Pace makes an impact, it stands out. While the GLC is very pretty, but it blends with the other suv's like Audi and BMW...

So, should I pay 60k for such a car or for a very spacious more standing out F-pace. (as a big Mercedes lover)
I think it all depends on which F-Pace you'd go for. I don't think the none S models stand out either. There are lots on the road in the UK and when dirty and in the normal model I think the F-Pace looks like a Nissan Quasqai. But once you have the S model and add the LED lights than you have a truly outstanding car, but then you are at a price that is more expensive than the GLC.

It's a tough one, but if it has to be diesel, I'd rather have the 250d than the 20d. Although the engine size is the same, the F-Pace will have to shift more car...

#firstworldproblems
Old 09-22-2016, 09:14 AM

Received 209 Likes on 136 Posts
2021 GLE450
Originally Posted by dejongj
Yes if you are in the market for a lot of space it is good. We've had out GL for the last three years, now called GLS but basically the same, and wanted something smaller as certain car parks were really hard to get into or just not possible. Like some of the streets and underground car parks in Brugge, or the Barbican in London, or nearly all in Barcelona.

Whilst the F Pace (my neighbour has go the bi-turbo 3.0 diesel version in S spec) is smaller than the GLS it is still a big old car - a lot more space than the GLC. Colour is a challenge as I think it looks really basic in some colours. Our neighbour got hers in Black Metallic, Black Interior and Black wheels. Looks fantastic.

If you are looking at that size, don't forget the Maserati Levante. It is not out in the UK, but I noticed one on the streets of Paris early August so I guess it is out in Belgium as well. I think it is lovely, but again a fair bit bigger than the GLC.
I don't know if you're confused about the size, or deliberately exaggerating to make a point, but the F Pace is not that much bigger than the GLC. It is a little wider for sure, but it's only 3" longer (183.3" vs 186.3"). At 197", the Levante is definitely a full size larger.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:40 AM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by HotRodW
I don't know if you're confused about the size, or deliberately exaggerating to make a point, but the F Pace is not that much bigger than the GLC. It is a little wider for sure, but it's only 3" longer (183.3" vs 186.3"). At 197", the Levante is definitely a full size larger.
Wider, Longer, and Taller - As I said my Neighbour has the F-Pace, we have the GL(S), and got the GLC on order. I'm quite aware of how they look and feel different.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:23 PM

Mercedes E Coupe
Ok maybe the GLC suv hybrid is an interesting option then. Depends on the battery... when will the car need a new battery and how much is that gonna cost...
Old 09-22-2016, 01:12 PM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by Blaugrana
Ok maybe the GLC suv hybrid is an interesting option then. Depends on the battery... when will the car need a new battery and how much is that gonna cost...
Depends on how long you are thinking to keep it, I doubt as a new buyer you'd be concerned about that.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:53 PM

Mercedes E Coupe
This weekend I did a test drive with tge glc suv, coupe and jaguar f pace.

I really liked them all, but I will chose between the jaguar f-pace 2.0 or the glc 350e.

The looks of the f-pace are amazing, also a lot of room for storage. The interior was very dissapointing though...