Air Flow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 01:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Corolla 2006
Air Flow

Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone else if having the same issue. The dealership has agreed to open and check but since it is something that will happen rarely, I have asked them not to touch it. Do not want them opening the dash of a new vehicle.

When I change the airflow mode, I hear noise from the window defroster vent that is on the driver side.

(1) There are bunch of options to switch the air flow from your face to legs to defroster etc. I change the mode to make sure that the defroster is activated.

(2) 5~10 seconds later I hear a sound from the window defroster vent that is located on the left of the steering wheel pointing towards the driver side window (in US models). This is the directional valve changing the air flow to a different set of vents. Probably the new valve is rubbing.

I figured that typically I would leave it on this -> option and very rarely would I want the air on my legs or the defroster.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:17 PM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
I can't confirm whether I have it or not as I don't have my car yet. However ...

I generally leave automatic climate control on automatic. 19 out of 20 times it gets it right, very rare I have had to manually intervene and then I find it just does its job quietly in the background. I override sometimes with the defroster button for front or back if it is actually frosted, but for the rest it is in automatic.