GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Transfering Garmin Favorites to Command Navigation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford C max , C300 4-matic
Transfering Garmin Favorites to Command Navigation

Is there a simple way to transfer all my Favorites from Garmin Nuvi to the MB Navigation system ? Tks
Old 11-07-2016, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
In a simple way - no ...

It's possible from COMAND to save POI's from COMAND to the SD card - and COMAND provides a way to convert a POI to a stored address ....

I don't have a experienced answer if your NUVI can store to a SD - or if COMAND would "read" Nuvi written SD .. interesting question.

Kindof interesting question...
Old 11-07-2016, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford C max , C300 4-matic
I can easily export .gpx file from Garmin Nuvi to my computer but I dont know what to do from there.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC 220d Sport Premium Plus/Offroad pkg
Originally Posted by sportflyer10
I can easily export .gpx file from Garmin Nuvi to my computer but I dont know what to do from there.
You may strike lucky and the .gpx file you get from your old satnav is readable by COMAND. Quick way to try is create a folder named 'PersonalPOI' on root directory of your SD card, put the .gpx in it and place in the Comand system, and with luck, the car will accept the info and your faves will be listed as Personal POIs.

I've not done this particular exercise myself and so I don't know if the data and format of your Garmin .gpx will be OK. For my last holiday, I used Excel to create the data manually, then imported it to Google MyMaps (not ordinary Google Maps) and used that output to make a .gpx file for my SD card, so I can confirm that the car is capable of accepting homemade user data, even if the way to get there is tedious! There are one or two utilities on the web to help with file conversion, so if the Garmin .gpx isn't all fine, you ought to be able to clean it up with one of those.

Good luck!