GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

snow tire for GLC300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 10:16 AM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
I went with non-RFT snow tires on my GLC43 as well.
I went with with 255/50/19 Michelin x-ice2 tires.
The following users liked this post:
NH-Bryan (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 11:53 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
GLC43AMG
Originally Posted by NH-Bryan
Thank You all for these posts.

You are correct, the only MOE Winter tires are in 19”. I am very unhappy about this, as if I would have known in advance we would have ordered the car with 19” wheels for only $500 more. I am guessing they won’t entertain this upgrade upon the cars arrival.

The Canadian winter tire and wheel packages differ from the US versions, the Canadian version is a 19” set, as has been posted. . Here we have an 18” Cold weather Tire and Wheel Package for $2,400USD but I have no clue what tire is in it. Does anyone know? I have always worried about high profile run-flats, and with the softer winter rubber compound maybe this is problematic? There is also a 19” set but it is AMG wheels for $4,700USD.

I can buy buy a set of 19” wheels for $1,960. Then I will likely need TPMS sensors and the tires. Or maybe I can get the Canadian Package? We are only a 5.5 hour drive from Montreal. I just can’t believe we are looking to up-Size for a winter tire.

Last option that I am now seriously considering is a 3rd party wheel (my wife really wants black wheels anyway, which don’t seem to be a Mercedes-Benz option). I am a little paranoid now however as the manual strongly advises against non-MOE tires, is there reason to fear a non Mercedes-Benz wheel? Any advice on this, as I do not seem to be able to match the wheel offset, I am concerned about the vehicle dynamics systems.

Thanks again, I think we are converging on a solution. Advice is again greatly appreciated.
I just bought a set of black aftermarket 19" wheels and Nokian winters for our 2017 GLC43 from Kal-Tire. I know there is a Kal-Tire in Quebec but I'm not sure where you are in relation to it....

Dave
The following users liked this post:
NH-Bryan (11-14-2017)