GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Proclip Cell Phone Mounts & Car Play '17 GLC43 (GL300?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 10:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 SL500, 2014 E550, 2017 GLC43
Proclip Cell Phone Mounts & Car Play '17 GLC43 (GL300?)

Thinking about ordering a '17 GLC43. I use a Proclip cell phone mount in both of my ML's and love how it brings my cell phone to just the right level and allows me to have access to WAZE in a good line of sight. Proclip shows an option for the GLC to the right of the center console; however, that may be lower than I prefer it and more out of reach. They also show options over circular vents in both the '16 CLA (center vents) and the '17 E Class Sedan (left vent but they call it right?). My questions:

-Does anyone know if the circular vents in the '17 GLC the same dimensions/style/parts of those other 2 models that I mentioned?
-If not, are they identical to any other models?
-does anyone use a Proclip solution in their '17 GLC and which one and do you like it?

On a separate but related topic, I would want to order Apple Car Play but it still does not appear to be an option even in '17 GLC's. I am curious

-Does anyone have any updated information on Car Play in the '17 GLC's?
-Is the Car Play in the current MB's is wireless or wired?
-does Car play allow you to use WAZE (or Google Maps) through the vehicle system or are you limited to Apple Maps?
Old 11-20-2016, 01:50 PM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
I was going to use my iPhone with Waze - but so far the new Command Online system in my GLC43 with live traffic information using the data of my phone is actually rather good, as are the maps. With Command Online it gets all linked to your phone and controllable. Sending new destinations is near instant.

I don't use my phone in the car anymore, just put it on charge in the arm rest and nice and secure in the elastic band.

In my experience with Brodit's ProClips only use those that are for your car. Get the car first, use it, and you'll may be willing to change your SatNav preferred option.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:08 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
20 GLE on order, 17 GLC 300 4M, Ducati 1299R
Originally Posted by thescrod
Thinking about ordering a '17 GLC43. I use a Proclip cell phone mount in both of my ML's and love how it brings my cell phone to just the right level and allows me to have access to WAZE in a good line of sight. Proclip shows an option for the GLC to the right of the center console; however, that may be lower than I prefer it and more out of reach. They also show options over circular vents in both the '16 CLA (center vents) and the '17 E Class Sedan (left vent but they call it right?). My questions:

-Does anyone know if the circular vents in the '17 GLC the same dimensions/style/parts of those other 2 models that I mentioned?
-If not, are they identical to any other models?
-does anyone use a Proclip solution in their '17 GLC and which one and do you like it?

On a separate but related topic, I would want to order Apple Car Play but it still does not appear to be an option even in '17 GLC's. I am curious

-Does anyone have any updated information on Car Play in the '17 GLC's?
-Is the Car Play in the current MB's is wireless or wired?
-does Car play allow you to use WAZE (or Google Maps) through the vehicle system or are you limited to Apple Maps?

No carplay features in the GLC at this time.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:51 PM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
GLE 350D GLC 250D, Previous vehicles W204, W164, W163, W210 & W202
I use a ClicOn angled mount and agree that the phone sits too low and outside line of sight. My previous car a W164 series ML also had a ClicOn mount which was in a much better position. There is a lot more space to play with on a ML.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:42 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 E300 Sport, 2017 GLC300 Sport/Night
KUDA has two mounts for the GLC300 (should fit the GLC43 if the dash dimensions aren't changed): One that sits right of the center console, and another that sits above the left-side round vent. Both mount without drilling holes or otherwise damaging the dash. Some sort of phone holder is then needed to attach the phone. The mounts are hollow and can be used to conceal wires.

These are the best-looking options I've found so far for the GLC. I'd love to hear from someone who has experience with either of these.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 SL500, 2014 E550, 2017 GLC43
Originally Posted by midesaka
KUDA has two mounts for the GLC300 (should fit the GLC43 if the dash dimensions aren't changed): One that sits right of the center console, and another that sits above the left-side round vent. Both mount without drilling holes or otherwise damaging the dash. Some sort of phone holder is then needed to attach the phone. The mounts are hollow and can be used to conceal wires.

These are the best-looking options I've found so far for the GLC. I'd love to hear from someone who has experience with either of these.
Thanks. That looks like it has promise. Just met with my dealer to start negotiations. If it happens, that is the best solution that I have seen.