GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC arrives after 4 months with wrong configuration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 02:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLC 300
Originally Posted by clarst
From dock to dealer appears to average about a week - maybe more if you're farther away from the port.
Thanks for the info. My dealer's in Anaheim, so hopefully pretty quick.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:09 PM

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts
2021 GLE 450, 2017 GLC 300 4Matic, 2008 FJ Cruiser
GLC arriving in Long Beach on 12/27, anybody else on that date?
Old 12-22-2016, 10:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLC 300
Please do--hope your experience is smoother than mine!

Did you get a confirmation from your SA after placing your order?
Update: GLC was cleared for a carrier today as it left customs. Won't be a Christmas present, but it will be in at Mercedes of Scottsdale next week. I'll let you know if it matches the order. How are you and your GLC doing?
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

I changed my user name, thoughtlessly used my real name before.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:56 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2020 GLE 450
Thanks, Fabbris--I was hoping you would weigh in. This answers most of my questions about what happened and confirms my suspicions.

We went to "look at" the car today (it had just arrived). Still in travel mode, with cardboard and packing inside; not yet driveable. The SA was (to me) strangely unapologetic--in his last email, he said "If you don't like the way it looks, you are not obligated to take delivery of the car. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience."

Inconvenience!?!?!? After waiting four months to take delivery of a special order, and it is the wrong build? Inconvenience?

We expressed our disappointment and asked if he could walk us through what happened--did the factory not communicate about the change? Was the first they heard of it when the vehicle hit the port in Long Beach?

He said, no communication. He said the VIN and PO had not changed and he had been following production. I said, so you followed production, but didn't keep track of whether the build changed? He semi-admitted responsibility by seeming to admit to this. I suspect they would almost prefer that we walk, because they would probably make $3-4K more than they will get from us for the car.

I said, so our options are: accept the car the way it is, reject it, or order a new one? He agreed, seemingly surprised by the last one. I said, what about getting 19" wheels swapped out for the 18" on the car? He said that was not possible. Wheels can be downsized, but not upsized, he said.

We're in a bind, because if we opt to not take the car, we have to wait another 3-4 months. If we walk, we may not get the same deal elsewhere--it seems the popularity of the car is decreasing the decent deals on special orders. We don't have much leverage (other than Yelp) since they don't seem to be too concerned about fixing this.

So, we're inclined to accept the car, even though it isn't what we ordered or what we want. Very frustrating and maddening. If they could find some 19" wheels, that would help mitigate this, but seems they won't even do this? That seems like a minor thing to try and make this right for us.

Many thanks to all who have posted here--I appreciate your perspective and sympathy. No easy solutions, but such is life.

For car dealership and sales reviews, you go here http://www.dealerrater.com/