GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

A few small things abt GLC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 07:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
MB GLC
A few small things abt GLC

Hi all, just wonder how you use the following a few features and if I am doing it right:

1. In order to hold the car in place, while waiting in front a traffic light with the engine automatically off, I just engage the parking brake, with the shifter still in "D". when I need to get moving, i just step on the gas and the parking brake auto releases.

This is not going to do damage to the car, right? is there other ways to hold the car in place after engine auto off?

2. When I enter my garage, a lot of times the engine auto shuts off as I came to a stop. for several times, I directly push the start/stop button to turn off the car, without putting the shifter in "P". Is this an ok practice?

3. The drivers door seems to take some slamming to get shut. Any way to improve on this? It seems to be a problem that the New E class has as well.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
I would use the hold feature rather than the parking brake. Just push down on the brake pedal with some pressure and take foot off. It will release when you hit the gas.
Would place car in P even if engine off due to auto shutoff then turn car off.

Last edited by dieseldoc; 12-11-2016 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:21 PM

MB GLC
Originally Posted by dieseldoc
I would use the hold feature rather than the parking brake. Just push down on the brake pedal with some pressure and take foot off. It will release when you hit the gas.
Would place car in P even if engine off due to auto shutoff then turn car off.
I didn't know thats the correct way of doing hold. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2016, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
1) Prior post spot on - use "Brake Hold" feature - not parking Brake

2) Best practice - ALWAYS put transmission in P before turning off ANY car

3) You have a sealed cabin - so air pressure is the resistance to the final closing of the door - be firmer (and appreciate the Mercedes closing "thudnk") - or lower one window 1/8" to "unseal" the cabin.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:27 PM

MB GLC
Also, the engine will auto shut off when I come to a stop before i reverse into a parking spot. Do I have to put shifter in reverse much quicker, or there is a way of preventing it from shutting off?
Old 12-11-2016, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
You can put it in reverse while it is shut off, or you can turn off the auto shutoff with the switch in the center console. You can also use different drive settings to prevent autoshutoff.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:20 PM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by gainful
Also, the engine will auto shut off when I come to a stop before i reverse into a parking spot. Do I have to put shifter in reverse much quicker, or there is a way of preventing it from shutting off?
It could be a combination of factors, perhaps a bit heavy on the brake pedal as well? I've not had this once with mine, nor with the GL(S) before that.

Not fully pressing in the brake pedal does seem to prevent it, yet you still come to a halt.