GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Hands-Free Tailgate Opening

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 11:19 AM

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2019 GLC 43,07 BMW Z4 M coupe
Originally Posted by tiger_x
That's what im after too, Ianoipat! I had another look behind the bumper yesterday, but its too difficult to see anything whilst the bumper is on the car.. I found a plug disconnected, but because of the limited space back there, i couldnt see where to plug it back into.

This youtube shows the retrofit of the sensor for the C class, but I dont know if the set up is exactly the same for the GLC. I couldnt see anything behind the bumper that resembled the sensor in the youtube clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wDGhSnWnns
Thanks Tiger_x , I thought the sensor was more like a optic sensor but it's difficult to tell .
I need to do more research on this !
Old 09-06-2018, 10:31 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
GLC43
Reviving an old thread... Anyone manage to locate the sensor or have a picture of what it looks like?
Old 03-23-2019, 09:32 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by lanoipat
Thanks Tiger_x , I thought the sensor was more like a optic sensor but it's difficult to tell .
I need to do more research on this !
Ok, so ive done some more research on this. Its definitely not an optical sensor, well not on my 2017 GLC43 anyways.. Its two rods ( like antennas ), an upper and lower that sit in the lower part of the bumper. Its right where the cut out is for my towbar, which is why my sensors ( and sensor switching module ) have been completely removed. You would think there would be an alternative piece of kit for those wanting to keep this feature and have the towbar at the same time.... Im looking into something aftermarket that can do the job, the problem is, it will need to interface into the cars LIN-Bus.. If i had the old switching module i may have been able to do something with it..