GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Which dealer installed accessories do you recommend for my GLC 300 4Matic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 04:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLC 300 4Matic
Which dealer installed accessories do you recommend for my GLC 300 4Matic?

I live in Wisconsin and have a GLC 300 4Matic (Package 1, Heated Wheel, Lighted Emblem, Chrome Door Handle inserts, Pano Roof, Wheel lugs & Heated seats -- all factory installed) in Baltimore waiting to clear customs and make it out to the Midwest. I went through Costco Car Buying program to get pre-set pricing which was about 2% cheaper than I had been finding otherwise.

As part of that, I get 50% off accessories. Which ones do people recommend?

Mostly I'm interested in seeing if people, especially in Northern climates, are recommending mud flaps? They are $295 installed after discount. I didn't have them on my Acura wagon and didn't seem to miss them but it had much smaller wheels.

I'm also getting the collapsible cargo box. Looks clever.

I'm definitely getting the rubber/all-season floor mats. My interior is beige which means the carpet is black. The dealer says the mats only come in black or brown to match the espresso interior. He says the espresso all-season mats would provide a nice contrast. What do people think of adding a 3rd color into this scheme? I'm more likely to think I should stick with black.

Did anyone get the folding sill protector? It seems a hassle. My Acura had a sticker on the bumper. Should I look for that aftermarket?

Any other recommendations? I admit to debating about the running boards as well.

I'm going to get the Garmin Map on eBay. Still seems cheaper there.

Last edited by bergamini; 01-04-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:38 PM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 Mercedes-AMG GLC43
IMO, the most useful accessory for anyone to get would probably be the all season floor mats. Since you're already getting those...anything after that is really up to your tastes and whatever you'd find most useful.

RE: Running boards...you should search these forums for opinions on the running boards. Some people have complained that they tend to get mud on your legs. Others haven't had any problems. YMMV, I guess.

Last edited by FrostyZoob; 01-04-2017 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Minor edit.
The following users liked this post:
bergamini (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 07:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
GLC220D Exclusive

A big No to the running boards.....
Nice mats for the GLC can be bought here.....https://www.travall.ie/index.php?mai...ducts_id=14682
bergamini (01-05-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 160 Likes on 151 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
All season mats
Trunk liner
No running boards!!!
Old 01-06-2017, 01:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
GLC220D Exclusive
Originally Posted by GLC220Exclusive

A big No to the running boards.....

Nice mats for the GLC can be bought here.....https://www.travall.ie/index.php?mai...ducts_id=14682

I think this company only have the mats for RHD GLC's

rainezola (05-25-2018)
Old 01-06-2017, 02:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
GLC 300
all weather mats
cargo tray
sunshade
Old 01-07-2017, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,105 Likes on 810 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
1st things 1st:

Amazon $3.50/$.70 ea for 5 genuine Maxell Fob batteries: MB/Panasonic Indonesia Fob batteries suck. Even if dealer has free Fob battery replacement - why stress over doggie doo-doo Indonesia sucky batterioes. Spend $3.50 - replace your Fob batteries (1 a fob) with Maxell in hologram package - the only genuine Japanese made Fob battery left.

https://www.amazon.com/Maxell-Lithiu...=maxell+cr2025

Amazon - $9 3ft flat USB Phone cable: USB-Lightning for Apple - USB-to-Micor-USB Androif - 3ft flat means you can close the center console and lay your phone on passenger-seat/cup-holder area:

https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Yel...ightning+cable

MB All-Weather - black is the preferred to prevent black "heel marks" on non-black.

MB Running Boards - unless you love the look - and can comfortably step over them in/out - nope.

Dealer Contracted or Independent - "Invisible Bra"/Paint-Protection - if you're concerned about mud - like a friend of mine in Kauai HI is - then dealer contracted or local source paint protection film for the lower rocker areas to me is a better bet than mud flaps - but that is me - not rocket science to it. Also consider front protection if you/family are highway warriors. ALWAYS best if hand-cut rather than computer cut kit.

Dealer Contracted or Independent - Front window tint - done correctly with inside-out look "lighter" so evening visibility not compromised - or all around. Heck - you can get "clear" 3M Crystalline for inside windshield for more intense sunny areas of the country if
unprotected parking at office/out-n-about.