Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz SUVs, Trucks, Vans, Diesels, Other > GLC Class (X253 )
GLC 43 Jerking when accelerating after near stop. >

GLC 43 Jerking when accelerating after near stop.

Notices
GLC Class (X253 )
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GLC 43 Jerking when accelerating after near stop.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:34 PM

2017 Mercedes-AMG GLC43
Originally Posted by ajgraham View Post
Sorry to hear you're having the issue as well. It's interesting what they said about that bulletin as the problem seemed to recede but it's still there so they might well be right and my dealer was lying (which would not surprise me at all), I think the clutch and gearbox adaptions smoothed out some of the jerkiness I was having but the core problem is still there. In one of the earlier threads OMSE mentioned about the low voltage error which we both had and is perhaps the cause. I've not looked into that as my dealer really is terrible and after my rear suspension failed at 12k miles I decided I was done with the car.

If I was in your shoes I would email the head of servicing of the dealer and explain the issues, that it's reproducible and ask when he next has 5 minutes so you can show them. If you have other Mercedes dealers near you could try going in to speak to one of the senior managers and see if they're more cooperative. The problem I find having dealt with numerous service people is they don't care whether the issue is resolved, they're happy to get the technician to do the bare minimum and tell you it's fixed so finding the right manager to oversee the process is critical. Getting them to check fault codes for the low-voltage error seems to be the only commonality found so far.

I'm due to collect my BMW X5M in the next week but I'd be interested in hearing what happens with this and contributing where ever possible.
I thought you had the problem solved. I'm sorry to hear that wasn't truly the case.

Thanks for your advice. I'm not sure what direction I'll go. My dealer still has my car. My service advisor called me this past Friday to let me know that they're working with Mercedes technicians to troubleshoot the issue. God only knows if that's true or if they're just blowing smoke up my *** to make me think they're really working the issue.

An X5M, eh? Nice!
Old 08-13-2018, 10:23 PM

2017 GLC43
The work they did helped to improve most of the jerkiness and harsh gear changes, but there was still a fundamental issue in certain circumstances. I should have pushed more to resolve it but I really disliked my local dealer.

The nuclear option is potentially lemon lawing it, but don't know if/how this applies in different states. How bad is the issue you're seeing? Is it all gear changes in Sport+ or just the issue with lower speed coasting and then accelerating? If it's all the time then the clutch/gearbox adaptions can help a lot, but the downside is the car will feel a little slower (but smoother).
Old 08-14-2018, 11:27 PM

GLC43 AMG Coupe
Quick update. After back and forth with the dealer for almost two months, having my car for more than a month, changing the electronic chip and changing the entire gearbox. The problem wasn’t solved so I asked to speak to a service manager. He called me today to inform me that they have found the issue and it will be solved permanently. According to him it’s a faulty torque converter. They will replace it and I will have my car ready by Thursday.
will keep you posted.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OMSE For This Useful Post:
ajgraham (08-15-2018), FrostyZoob (08-15-2018), smirnov.tk (09-15-2018)
Old 09-15-2018, 02:34 AM

C43
Originally Posted by OMSE View Post
Quick update. After back and forth with the dealer for almost two months, having my car for more than a month, changing the electronic chip and changing the entire gearbox. The problem wasnít solved so I asked to speak to a service manager. He called me today to inform me that they have found the issue and it will be solved permanently. According to him itís a faulty torque converter. They will replace it and I will have my car ready by Thursday.
will keep you posted.
any update on this?
Old 09-28-2018, 09:08 PM

GLC43 AMG Coupe
after replacing the torque converter the jerking stop however I’m experiencing a hard downshifting between the 3rd and 2nd gear. dealer ask me to bring my car again on Monday and it gets worst by time.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:50 PM

Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by OMSE View Post
after replacing the torque converter the jerking stop however Iím experiencing a hard downshifting between the 3rd and 2nd gear. dealer ask me to bring my car again on Monday and it gets worst by time.
GLC300W4, i got rif of the jerking by getting the updated transmission software but then after this was done if found the downshift from 3 to 2 is not ideal - its almost like you can feel the downshift / rpm increase a little bitt. i have had loaners and they feel similar unfortunately. dealer of course says its normal.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:43 PM

GLC220D, E250 W212
Originally Posted by ajgraham View Post
Sorry to hear you're having the issue as well. It's interesting what they said about that bulletin as the problem seemed to recede but it's still there so they might well be right and my dealer was lying (which would not surprise me at all), I think the clutch and gearbox adaptions smoothed out some of the jerkiness I was having but the core problem is still there. In one of the earlier threads OMSE mentioned about the low voltage error which we both had and is perhaps the cause. I've not looked into that as my dealer really is terrible and after my rear suspension failed at 12k miles I decided I was done with the car.

If I was in your shoes I would email the head of servicing of the dealer and explain the issues, that it's reproducible and ask when he next has 5 minutes so you can show them. If you have other Mercedes dealers near you could try going in to speak to one of the senior managers and see if they're more cooperative. The problem I find having dealt with numerous service people is they don't care whether the issue is resolved, they're happy to get the technician to do the bare minimum and tell you it's fixed so finding the right manager to oversee the process is critical. Getting them to check fault codes for the low-voltage error seems to be the only commonality found so far.

I'm due to collect my BMW X5M in the next week but I'd be interested in hearing what happens with this and contributing where ever possible.
I have got a 2016 GLC 220D 4matic edition 1(means this is an import made in Germany) done 30k Km and I have reported and demonstrated 2 issues to the service dealer. Bucking issue, I was test driving the gear jerking issue and on the second turn got this issue. I instinctively pulled back my foot, so it was just enough for them to feel it.
Gear jerking issue, I am able to reproduce the issue 3 out of 5 times . Put in sport+ manual mode, accelerate till 7th gear, slow down so that the downshift occurs automatically. From 4th to 3rd there is a thud and vibration during gear change.
They have done the adaptation update, the gear changes are smoother but the issue persists. I had the brake issue, battery failure, component failures and I escalated all this. They are in process to change transmission and torque converter. A lemon is what I seem to have got. Unfortunately no lemon laws in India, but Daimler seems receptive to our concerns...