Used GLC Buyer Checklist?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi Q5
Used GLC Buyer Checklist?

Hi all

I've put a refundable deposit down on a used GLC and am travelling down to the dealership on Tuesday morning to check out the car. The dealership is about 80 miles from my home

It's a Nov 2015 GLC 220d AMG premium Plus with running boards. Warranty runs until Nov 2018. 8000 miles on the clock. Formerly a demonstrator car. £36,000 inc alloy, paint & tyre insurance.

I'm keen to have a definitive GLC 'what to look out for' checklist in my hand as I walk round (and drive) the car. I have generic used car checklists already.

Having read the wise words on the forum I see there are some regular faults...

-- tyre crabbing
-- brakes screeching when reversing
-- juddering when pulling away
-- condensation within headlamps
— Noisy wiper blades

And I should be checking for stuff like Bluetooth connectivity working, lights etc. I think most of this should be on the multi point check the dealer performs though. I'm attaching what they sent me today

Can anyone highlight anything else I should be looking for? Appreciate the guiding hand!

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Used GLC Buyer Checklist?-screen-shot-2017-03-13-19.24.55.png  
Old 03-14-2017, 06:30 PM

Audi Q5
FWIW I raised the crabbing issue with the dealer. Testing the car today didnt cause crabbing but it wasn't cold enough to be honest.

The dealer admitted it occurred on most GLCs and all weather tyres were the solution. I highlighted that I wasn't prepared to shell out £2000 on new tyres within the next 10 months when the existed ones started crabbing. They're coming back to me with a quote on the tires anyway - apparently all weathers in short supply because all NEW GLCs are having them fitted - haha

Question re tyres... is the minimum tread 4mm?
Old 03-14-2017, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
In the UK the all weather tyres are being fitted at no cost to owners, if you search the crabbing thread you will find the memo from MB to uk dealers regarding this.
I have just got my car and will be getting them to fit the all weather tyres in November.
If the dealer is not telling you this he is trying to have you over.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:56 PM

Audi Q5
Originally Posted by Philamg
In the UK the all weather tyres are being fitted at no cost to owners, if you search the crabbing thread you will find the memo from MB to uk dealers regarding this.
I have just got my car and will be getting them to fit the all weather tyres in November.
If the dealer is not telling you this he is trying to have you over.
Hi Phil - did you buy yours new or used? Suspect they'll try and stiff used car buyers. I'll email them the memo (but not the thread)

Thanks
Old 03-14-2017, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Hi gypsymoth, got mine new 2 weeks ago, it doesn;t matter if the car is used the memo covers the dealer for fitting all weather tyres to RHD GLC'S and they are paid for the work, have you found the memo, the dealers have been sent it confirmed by mine.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:32 PM

Audi Q5
Cheers. Found it earlier. Will send over