No bluetooth!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by VET11B
Isn't that what the Command-less BT phone integration now do, rely on the phones VR? I think this is the point the OP is bemoaning that they have to try and use SIRI or manually key in the call to use their phone instead of hitting the phone button on their steering wheel and saying "call whomever".
The smart phone integration will allow the phone to control and display apps and media content and integrate the UI with the vehicle controls. The vehicle system is just the "bridge" all the apps will be living on the phone.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:18 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
2015 370Z Nismo, 2018 GLC43 (on order)
I understand the concept: e.g. one can use google maps and view said app on the vehicle's display. However, just because one can run the app on the phone and view it on the screen it doesn't change the hardware supporting it, that is, the interface. For example: the vehicle's display won't become touch screen and the phone button won't initiate calls. Or am I mistaken with the latter? I would have thought that phone button would have worked with the BT interface or CarPlay/Android Auto, but the OP is indicating it doesn't for the former.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:01 AM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
Actually - Whilst I have linguatronic and I use that in the first instance, my car also allows me to hold down the talk button and that activates Siri via the bluetooth interface. Has the OP tried that?
The following users liked this post:
VET11B (03-23-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 10:50 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 GLC Coupe
Originally Posted by dejongj
Actually - Whilst I have linguatronic and I use that in the first instance, my car also allows me to hold down the talk button and that activates Siri via the bluetooth interface. Has the OP tried that?
on a non-navi car, holding down talk button doesn't do anything (tried it yesterday on my car)

without navi, the car bluetooth acts like a regular bluetooth headset - incoming calls only. If the phone rings, I can push the handset button on the car and it will pick up the phone call. I activated "hey siri" on my iphone, so if I need to dial someone, I can do it handsfree.
The following users liked this post:
VET11B (03-23-2017)