GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Command Knob Keeps Dying

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300 4matic
Command Knob Keeps Dying

Anyone else having issues with the command knob not working from time to time? I was having this issue a while back but it seemed to clear up (maybe the cooler temps) but it is back now. The entire command knob and volume control just stop working for long periods of time. Turning the power button on and off does not clear it up. I can switch to radio controls in the middle of the instrument cluster and it works fine, the touch pad will also work but I hate that thing, but the knob and volume controls are dead. This seems to happen more when I am on the highway and can sometimes last for 30 minutes, then it they just start working again.

Any thoughts?

Will probably be taking it in for service and squeaking brake fix soon and will have them take a look but wanted to see if this was common or just a one off issue with mine.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 GLC 300 4Matic
No such issues here but definitely go to the dealer to have it checked out.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:23 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2023 E450W, 2020 GLC300
I'm not a fan of the touch pad either, so I keep it turned off. You might try turning yours off, just on the chance that it is somehow part of the problem you're having.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
It would be a warranty replacement fix - and I recommend when you schedule your service - that you have Service Adviser get the replacement part on order so you won'rt be held up waiting for the part to arrive... keep the beat !
Old 04-10-2017, 09:09 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 MB C300 4Matic (me); 2021 BMW 530i xDrive (husband)
I've not experienced that, at least not exactly, but I have noticed that when I start up my car after plugging in my iPhone into USB slot 1---that the music controls (if I am set to the device in USB slot 1) seem to be 'frozen' and do not respond, as you describe. And I figured out that it stems from the phone---which is displaying a prompt from the MBrace app for me to connect or not, and until I accept or exit from that prompt, the music streaming from my phone won't start. That's a pretty specific scenario and maybe doesn't match what you are experiencing, but I thought I'd share it, just in case.