GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Winter wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 06:20 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
'12 Ducati 1198S, GLE C292
Winter wheels

Went to my local wheel-dealer to check out some alternative rims for winter use. I really can't be bothered to spend another $5000 on a set of 18" AMG-wheels with studless winter tires. Comes stock on 20" multi-spoke, but I love the GLC43 ones..

What do you guys think about these on Continental Conti Viking contact 6?
http://rial.de/portfolios/torino/

I think they have a similar feel, and should look pretty good. I know that this isn't rim isn't specified as a "winter rim" but the dealer said he could guarantee the paint wouldn't fade.

$1500 which includes rims, fitting, tires, balancing.. Ney bad I think?
Old 05-02-2017, 09:38 PM

Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts
16 GLC 19 Volvo XC40 06Corvette Z06
Works for me.

The price is right.

Last edited by larrypmyers; 05-02-2017 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:17 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
GLC 250D
I can't comment on the tyres, but I like the wheels very much. What I can't tell from that page (unless I've missed something) is what offset these wheels come in. This was a big issue in my own search last week for alternative wheels: https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...es-wheels.html. I wish those wheels had been an option for me.

The 20" MB wheels have an offset of ET40 and the 18" and 19" both have an offset of ET38. But as someone in that thread pointed out to me, after-market wheels will typically have a different offset, with ET35 seeming to be the most common.

The point of this rave is that you need to be aware of this and that it isn't something that you can check yourself just by reading wheel specifications - you have to rely on the dealer to know what fits.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
'12 Ducati 1198S, GLE C292
Originally Posted by bips
I can't comment on the tyres, but I like the wheels very much. What I can't tell from that page (unless I've missed something) is what offset these wheels come in. This was a big issue in my own search last week for alternative wheels: https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...es-wheels.html. I wish those wheels had been an option for me.

The 20" MB wheels have an offset of ET40 and the 18" and 19" both have an offset of ET38. But as someone in that thread pointed out to me, after-market wheels will typically have a different offset, with ET35 seeming to be the most common.

The point of this rave is that you need to be aware of this and that it isn't something that you can check yourself just by reading wheel specifications - you have to rely on the dealer to know what fits.

I know that these will fit with the same wheel bolts. Lots of wheel-dealers have an online "rim calculator" which works surprisingly well!

Thanks for input!
Old 05-04-2017, 12:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GLC43
Keep in mind that many aftermarket wheels use Cone bolts vs. OEM wheel bolts that are Round / Ball bolts. So while they may be the same size, they could use different bolts.